Sd Slot Stopped Working...can Someone Out There Fix It?

tkeely4777

Still Fresh
It happened a few weeks ago; I took my sd card out of my usb reader, popped it into my GP2x, and it wouldn't read. I tried 3 of my other cards (...which I've already confirmed that work with my GP2x), and none of them work.

Can anyone out there fix it? Please respond here and/or pm me if you can. I will pay! Thanks!

Can your card reader still read the card?

If so copy everything from the card onto a card which can be read by your GP2X.

Hope this helps. :)

Idiot, sorry ignore my stupid previous reply. :unsure:

I didn't read your problem correctly.

Maybe reinstall firmware ? that should work unless it's a hardware issue. <_<

when did you buy it? there was a batch with faulty sd slots a while ago, you should just send it back for repair/replacement if its still within warranty.

Have you tried blowing in to the SD-slot? I remember I used to do that a lot in the cartridge based console era.

Try to format to FAT32 and then place firmware (2.0 i supose) on clean SD and try to reflash (start+select at startup).

I had same problem when tried to upgrade firmware by launching .GPU file

tkeely4777 said:
It happened a few weeks ago; I took my sd card out of my usb reader, popped it into my GP2x, and it wouldn't read. I tried 3 of my other cards (...which I've already confirmed that work with my GP2x), and none of them work.

Can anyone out there fix it? Please respond here and/or pm me if you can. I will pay! Thanks!

The same thing happened to me I tried everything. The best solution is to send it back for repairs that is what I did and I got a few extras :D when I got it back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back