Sd Card?

Tmanplayer21 posted on Feb 12 2007 at 12:48 PM said:
I just bought a GP2X. What size SD card should I get? 1GB? 2GB? 4GB?
I use a 4 GB card, but I also like to keep a couple of movies on hand (encoded to 320x240) and one movie takes up roughy 300-400 MB. I also keep about 2.5 GB of music on there too. (so i guess that's over 3 GB on media).

As for gaming and other apps, I do fine with only 1 GB of space, although I don't have any MAME or NeoGeo on there (which takes up a lot of space so you might want to hear from someone who carries a lot of those roms if you are interested in that).

The emulators I use with a dozen or so roms for each are: SNES, NES, Genesis, C64 and GB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if this will interest ya, but.

I use my GP2x Mainly for the Emulation and the DivX movies and the odd homebrew title now and then, I
don't bother with MP3's as my 4GB-MP3 player handle music on the go.

Anyway, here is a list of my SD cards and wot i have on them....

1GB - Mame - It's worth it :eek:)
2GB - Movies (Avg. five movies)
4GB - All my other emu's & homebrew (and thats 100's of roms/games)

Oh yeah, 4GB SD's are cheap enough now for every 2x owner to have one, it's a must-have no matter wot you use your 2x for.

:)

hate to hijack the thread, but is there still no 8gig sd support? or does the later firmwares have it (idk i havent updated in a while)

but to add in, i have a 2 gig card now, and it suits me fine and can hold alot of neo geo and cps2 roms, as far as media, depending on what you want (like alot of movies) get a 4 gig

Thanks for the replies. I decided to go with a 1 GB SD card just until I get the hang of using the GP2X. It looks like I will eventually have to invest in a 4GB, but from what you guys said it looks like I can do a lot with a 1GB.

Goemon4 posted on Feb 12 2007 at 09:44 PM said:
hate to hijack the thread, but is there still no 8gig sd support? or does the later firmwares have it (idk i havent updated in a while)
Not yet - though DJWillis was working on getting them going.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes you can do alot with a 1 gig sd card, but once you get into neo geo emulation, youll be begging for a 4gig

@ Orkie - cool, cant wait (cause i have the money, im just waiting) that or buy 2 4gigs

Back