Scummvm: “Svn R52631” Builds For The Caanoo And Gp2X Wiz.

DJWillis

Random GP32/GP2X/Wiz & Pandora Moocher
Website
www.distant-earth.com
Hi,

SVN builds for the Caanoo with fixed up controls are on my site if anyone is interested.

http://blogs.distant-earth.com/wp/?p=125

Feedback via this thread, the ScummVM forums or comments on the post would be appreciated.
Do not expect it (or the reworked Wiz backend) to be bug remotely free at this state.

If a game fails to run/crashes out try changing the following in the ScummVM global options:

Music Device: AdLib
AdLib Emulator: MAME OPL (or DOSbox OPL if you prefer, more CPU but also more accurate)

I am still trying to get to the bottom of what is triggering that bug :eek: .

John

Awesome!!! I just started playing Full Throttle on my new Caanoo. It was pretty frustation playing with the button issue. Keep up the great work!

Control issue seems to be fixed, BASS is working on it ok, however I lost sound.

Also the bevel is making it difficult to play because the touch screen doesn't quite respond at/under the bevel so I have to keep falling back to the stick. (If you shifted the game down by like 10 pixels it would probably be a bit better).

On-screen keyboard comes up but doesn't work after you hit the green tick it doesn't output anything meaningful as far as the game engine seems to be concerned.
Saving the game doesn't seem to work either.

Thnx for the engine man :D

corpblitz said:
Control issue seems to be fixed, BASS is working on it ok, however I lost sound.

Hmmm, i'll look into that and give it a test, wonder if it is linked to the OPL issue mentioned.

corpblitz said:
Also the bevel is making it difficult to play because the touch screen doesn't quite respond at/under the bevel so I have to keep falling back to the stick. (If you shifted the game down by like 10 pixels it would probably be a bit better).

Hmmm, yep, really pleased with GPH doing that, it's a total pain and shifting the game screen about is a real mess/hack and I would really not want to do it :(.

corpblitz said:
On-screen keyboard comes up but doesn't work after you hit the green tick it doesn't output anything meaningful as far as the game engine seems to be concerned.

Hmmm, did it disappear when you hit green? If so, the keyboard is working but the pump that pushes the events into the game engine is not. What game was it? BASS?

corpblitz said:
Saving the game doesn't seem to work either.

Hmmm, just with BASS or generally?

Last edited by a moderator:
The floppy BASS version works fine with audio set to Adlib.
Sometimes the music in some games is missing due to the bug, but the game itself runs fine.

Tried a few games:

Maniac Mansion (Amiga) - Fine
Teenagent (Dos) - No music if not set to Adlib
Flight of the Amazon Queen Floppy (Dos) - No music if not set to Adlib
BASS Floppy (Dos) - Crashes if not set to Adlib, Loading a savestate does not work
Larry 5 (Dos) - Fine
Secret of Monkey Island CD (Dos) - Fine
Monkey Island 2 (Dos) - Crashes if not set to Adlib
Manhunter 2 (Dos) - Fine
Lure (Dos) - Crashes if not set to Adlib
Fate of Atlantis CD (Dos) - Crashes if not set to Adlib
Sam&Max CD - Crashes if not set to Adlib
Loom (Dos) - Fine
COMI - Crashes on start
Zak McKracken (FM Towns) - Fine
Last Crusade (FM Towns) - Fine (Nice, do you found the FM Towns bug? Edit: Just checked it: The crash is only in the Wiz builds)

BTW: The nighly build GP2x versions also suffer from the Adlib bug...

Found an issue with right clicking in Full Throttle (Ver. A, DOS). Any form of a right click, via tap mode, button, or L Trigger plus Tap, causes the debugger to pop up. The debugger shows the following error

ERROR: (26:34:0x285): getResourceAddress Illegal Glob

Pulling up the virtual keyboard to type exit, or using the ESC key (Home button) quits SCUMMVM and drops you back to the games launcher.

Keep up the good work, DJWillis, its great to see someone actively working on Wiz/Caanoo SCUMMVM!!

I'll report any other errors I find.

[Hmmm, did it disappear when you hit green? If so, the keyboard is working but the pump that pushes the events into the game engine is not. What game was it? BASS? ]

Yeah it was BASS, yeah the keyboard disappears when I hit the green arrow, it just doesn't seem to output anything properly.

[Hmmm, just with BASS or generally?]

Just BASS that I've noticed.

NJCristiano said:
Found an issue with right clicking in Full Throttle (Ver. A, DOS). Any form of a right click, via tap mode, button, or L Trigger plus Tap, causes the debugger to pop up. The debugger shows the following error

Pulling up the virtual keyboard to type exit, or using the ESC key (Home button) quits SCUMMVM and drops you back to the games launcher.

Keep up the good work, DJWillis, its great to see someone actively working on Wiz/Caanoo SCUMMVM!!

Must be some of the settings or your version of Full Throttle, Right Klick via tap mode, Left Trigger plus tap and pressing "i" on the virtual keyboard all work fine for me and bring up the inventory.

CKeichel said:
NJCristiano said:

Must be some of the settings or your version of Full Throttle, Right Klick via tap mode, Left Trigger plus tap and pressing "i" on the virtual keyboard all work fine for me and bring up the inventory.

CKeichel,

Could you tell me which version your using? I'll try removing the game from SCUMMVM and adding it again. Hopefully it's something I set wrong.

Curse of Monkey Island bails when I try to load it ... should I expect this?
Aside from that, I'm finding this emulator to be excellent! Thanks so much for porting it!

traylorpark said:
Curse of Monkey Island bails when I try to load it ... should I expect this?
Aside from that, I'm finding this emulator to be excellent! Thanks so much for porting it!

Confirmed, COMI doesn't work neither when set to Adlib.

Full Throttle also has issues at the last part of the game. I can't load the save game I made. I keep getting bumped into the terminal of ScummVM.

fettouhi said:
Full Throttle also has issues at the last part of the game. I can't load the save game I made. I keep getting bumped into the terminal of ScummVM.

I finished the DOS Version A of Full Throttle without a problem.

CKeichel said:
fettouhi said:

I finished the DOS Version A of Full Throttle without a problem.

Could be that my save game was messed up. I'll give it another try running from the start.

Back