scummvm problem

subrama6

Still Fresh
i loaded the .000 and .001 sam and max files, and right after the intro, after they leave the scene, and the lady's sitting there tied up, it just sort of stops... it doesn't really freeze, becaue the flashes of light coming from the lab continue intermittently, but a mouse pointer doesn't show up ever, and it doesn't go to the next scene or anything. it just sits there. any suggestions? i'm inclined to think my resource files are jacked and i need a new copy of the game or something.

Have you tried skipping the intro?

Oh - and BTW, Sam & Max is only playable up to the 'whack-a-rat' game at the moment :(

I've tried the game, and it's very hit-or-miss (Mainly miss) if the scene continues - More often than not, it freezes right where you experience it! As suggested, skip the scene just before they leave - And yes, it's only playable up to a point! (Hope this gets fixed soon!?)

I can't seem to get monkey island 1 to work, what files do I need?
I have

Disk01.lec
Disk02.lec
Disk03.lec
Disk04.lec

I've tried renaming them to

Monkey.000
Monkey.001
Monkey.002
Monkey.003

and it tries to load but I get the message

Looking for monkey
Trying to start game 'Monkey Island 1'

and then it reboots :(

Thanks for the info on sam and max. i'll try skipping that intro. how far will i be able to get before i can't play anymore?

subrama6 posted on Sep 13 2003 at 01:02 PM said:
i loaded the .000 and .001 sam and max files, and right after the intro, after they leave the scene, and the lady's sitting there tied up, it just sort of stops... it doesn't really freeze, becaue the flashes of light coming from the lab continue intermittently, but a mouse pointer doesn't show up ever, and it doesn't go to the next scene or anything. it just sits there. any suggestions? i'm inclined to think my resource files are jacked and i need a new copy of the game or something.
Which version of ScummVM are you using? There is scummvm.fxe and sc132mhz.fxe which is the slower and more stable version. My GP is not overclockable, and it locks up almost exactly like you describe. However, if I run sc132mhz.fxe, it works fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm using the 132. if i use the regular one, it won't load the game at all

hmm,
someone said that there will be a new version soon, port of the 0.5 release of scumm i think, im still waiting for this...

Definitely - bring on the new SCUMM! Still stuck on the Whack-a-rat bit on Sam & Max...

Here's a question. Where can I find a list of games along with the files that are needed that will run under Scummvm?

If anyone wants info on the different games and what is needed for them to run here it is.

Games That will run

Monkey 1 & 2
Sam And Max
Day Of The Tenticle
Fate Of Atlantis

For cd games you only need the 001 and 000 files. and the sou if it can fit it on for sound.
For Disk games lfl and lec files. all the music are stored in them.

DJWillis is in the process of updating the scummvm engine and so far of what i've seen it's good. the music on sam and max and day of the tenticle and indy play. sam n max you can get past the wack a rat. BASS doesn't work thoug which is a shame. The only thing at the moment is that when the music plays the game slows down on certain areas which can get anoying. Wack a rat is still hard to do on the gp32 so the best thing to do is copy the save to your pc and do that part then copy the save back.

Back