ScummVM latest version Aug 2012 : issues

@foxgod:

Meanwhile you can extract the attached zip and place the file that it contains into your appdatadir for scumvm :)
Tnx a lot, cant believe i havent read this until now, i am going to try your method, tnx a lot Mcobit

Edit* Works great, and i like how it looks.

Btw, does this also work for other programs besides scummvm, like for example emulators that dont use full screen scalers yet?

For example, pc engine/pc engine cd (mednafen, temper) doesnt have stretch features, and neither does atari2600 (stella) or msx (openmsx), i would love to stretch those too

And what about video, for example smplayer2, would it work for that?

Last edited by a moderator:
It should work with any SDL app, that doesn't use opengles.

But of course you need to modify the startupscript f the respective programs. You can't just use the uploaded file.

It should work with any SDL app, that doesn't use opengles.

But of course you need to modify the startupscript f the respective programs. You can't just use the uploaded file.
tnx for the info, how can i find out if the apps i use are SDL and dont use opengles?

You normally can figure this out by reading the authors site.

Really? You should be able to figure that out...

I belive in you! Have a look at the Readme of notaz SDL to see how the magic works and what you need to add to a startupscript to scale the launched program.

Basically you need to export two environmental variables before launching the game.

Really? You should be able to figure that out...

I belive in you! Have a look at the Readme of notaz SDL to see how the magic works and what you need to add to a startupscript to scale the launched program.

Basically you need to export two environmental variables before launching the game.
Tnx, that should be enough information for me, ive been a bit lazy the past few days :)

I can't get midi working on ScummVM. Sounds work, but in for example Monkey Island 1 I have no music, I've tried different music emulators including tinidity which is installed.

Or is it because I'm using the cdrom version of the game?

When I select timidity on other games (Larry for example) I get a console window? Not the game. I can type exit and then ScummVM exits, obviously ;)

AdLib does seem to work in Larry 3 at least.

Adlib should work for the Monkey Island games, too. I never had problems with music in scummvm.

Did you install timidity or the instruments, too?

You probably want this:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=timidity-midi-installer-19487

Not this:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=timidity.daemon.gui.80085

Yes I used the installer because I needed that for CorsixTH. I installed the AWE set on SD.

I think the Monkey Island 1 problem is that it's the cd-version, it should have cd music, so must be something wrong with my files.

However as soon as I choose Timidity in a game that supports it (Larry for example) I get this console from ScummVM telling me the sound driver wasn't working or something like it (I have to make a screenshot).

Adlib works fine, the Monkey Island was just the CD problem, sorry about that, should have looked better.

Here's what I select (Timidity does work in CorsixTH):

130127-142833.png

Then I run a game:

130127-143426.png

I think the Monkey Island 1 problem is that it's the cd-version, it should have cd music, so must be something wrong with my files.
Can you play the Monkey Island audio tracks you created in any media player?

I have Monkey Island (from my own CD) and the audio tracks work fine, I saved them as 128kbps stereo mp3s - they have to be named in a specific fashion:

From the Scummvm readme:

7.8.0) Using MP3 files for CD audio:

------ -----------------------------

Use LAME or some other MP3 encoder to rip the cd audio tracks to files.

Name the files track1.mp3 track2.mp3 etc.
so, all lower case and no spaces,

track1.mp3

track2.mp3

and so on - not track01 or track 01.

You'll also need to have the community codec pack installed if you haven't already.

Should work then.

Can you play the Monkey Island audio tracks you created in any media player?

I have Monkey Island (from my own CD) and the audio tracks work fine, I saved them as 128kbps stereo mp3s - they have to be named in a specific fashion:

From the Scummvm readme:

>7.8.0) Using MP3 files for CD audio:

------ -----------------------------

Use LAME or some other MP3 encoder to rip the cd audio tracks to files.

Name the files track1.mp3 track2.mp3 etc.
so, all lower case and no spaces,

track1.mp3

track2.mp3

and so on - not track01 or track 01.

You'll also need to have the community codec pack installed if you haven't already.

Should work then.
I discovered I forgot to put the audiofiles in there at all, so please ignore that part, that was plain stupid :p

As I can't find my cd I've put the plain DOS VGA version in stead, which works with AD-LIB mode. Now I hope it will work with timidity as well.

Ah! You're not missing too much, the CD-audio for Monkey Island sounds like it was recorded from a PC soundcard of that era anyway - I'd imagine the midi version (or even the AdLib one) are close enough!

Ah! You're not missing too much, the CD-audio for Monkey Island sounds like it was recorded from a PC soundcard of that era anyway - I'd imagine the midi version (or even the AdLib one) are close enough!
If I recall correctly it sounds like it was recorded from a Roland MT-32 (which I own and used for Monkey Island :D ), I really do love that sound.

Back