Screen turning pink - What to do ?

Damn... no, that's certainly not a connection, it's the cable.

Don't know if Link has any cables left - but I'd really like to get an undamaged sample of your cable so I can send it back to the company as well.

Now I am worried about my 1 Ghz failing too. :( If it's a bad batch I guess many of us will be effected.

Of the 1Ghz units sold Ed, are all using the same LCD cable shipment?

A more relevant question is : why is the screen turning pink actually ? What is happening to the cable, physically speaking ? Is there a way to avoid that ?

And, is this bound to happen anyway over time, through wear and tear, or is it simply due to malfunctioning cables? This may have implications to how "robust" a Pandora is over time.

Could it be due to the way they are assembled? Previously each Pandora used to be assembled by ED, family, friends and some awsome guys from the community. Now ED gets fully assembled units from GC as far as I know.

I am not implying that they are doing a sloppy job, but there might be something they do differently which unknowingly causes the LCD-cable to take harm and break after a while?

Can't be assembly - during assembly, you can damage the cable, but that would show right away.

What happens is that the traces slowly break when opening / closing the lid. Thanks to some special material (basically a very thin copper mesh), the traces should be flexible and not break.

That copper is more expensive, so my guess is that company might've used the cheaper copper to save production costs. They claim they didn't change anything, but I'll have it analyzed.

The next ones (2000 of those should arrive in about 2 weeks) use a special flex cable material from Japan, which should be even more robust and flexible than that copper mesh.

ED: I could send it directly to you, as I'm in Europe for the next week. I sent you a private message.

Wow, my screen is completely dead now (I mean because of the cable). I moved from screen being pink at certain positions to screen being mostly pink or green in most positions, to screen shutting down completely in certain positions and now, simply, no signal to the screen anymore. I can't use my pandora.

I ordered the cable a week ago and hope I will get it soon.

How big do you have to be before you can recover costs from these companies when their screw-ups cause you financial damage? Are you basically screwed if you're not Apple or Nintendo?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it's hard to get any compensation, but you can request a full replacement if they fucked it up.

The cable has already been sent to a laboratory in Germany for analysis. They also analyzed the first cable from them that didn't break, so we will know the differences for sure and can confront them with complex analysis reports.

My CC Pandora has mild PTOD.

Yay for the 日本 super LCD cables!

hopeful.png

I hope we can fix old Pandoras with new cables...

Last edited by a moderator:
The cable from my Pandora was sent off to a lab? I feel almost famous!

Was it one of the two I replaced last Friday?

I hope so. those were good examples :) .

Back