Screen turning pink - What to do ?

So, this means the replacement cable is from the same manufacturer and batch that the old one was? Meaning that it's kind of likely the same thing will happen again? (And has my fixed Pandora 1ghz already been shipped back to me/)

Just received the cable today -> but I cannot change it so far, since there's one screw I cannot manage to remove by hand.. I need to get an electric screwdriver.

By the way, is it normal that the video cable has speakers attached to it in the one you sent me ? I thought that, in the video for the LCD cable replacement, you mentioned that newer models had Speakers attached to the screen instead? I have a rebirth so does that change anything?

No, I just removed the cable on Thursday (didn't arrive before that date) and it's not yet been replaced.

We don't know if all new cables are affected though - I only know of about 15 out of 800 so far.

We usually ship the cables with speakers to avoid soldering, yes.

Started the process of changing the LCD cable (I had to stop in the middle and I will have to finish later).

Removing the LCD lid was really, really difficult. Removing the hinge took a LOT of force and I spent at least 10 minutes to manage to remove it... and i probably damaged it a little in the process.

One thing that worries me is there was a little scratch on the aluminium part of the LCD cable, after "rolling it" to fit in the cylinder part. Since I did not manage to go until the end I am not sure whether this will have an impact or not. I'll see. ANother thing that worries me is that there's really not that much extra-length on the LCD cable - I may have to "pull" it in order to connect it back on the board and I feel a bit nervous about doing so.

We'll see. If all fails, I'll probably send it back to ED for a proper replacement :)

The aluminium is just for shielding, it won't break the cable.

BTW The new cables with the special materials are finished and being shipped to me, while the company in Germany is working on the analysis.

Ok, replaced the cable and... after booting up... pink screen ! :(

Before I hit my head against the wall, is it possible that the pink screen could be due to a bad connection on the board, or is it 100% a sign of a damaged cable?

Before I hit my head against the wall, is it possible that the pink screen could be due to a bad connection on the board, or is it 100% a sign of a damaged cable?

Pretty much a bad cable. Does it flicker when opening / closing? Then it's definitely damaged.

Might be you damaged it yourself when putting it in :/

Do you want to wait until I've got the new ones here? I can send you a free one then.

Pretty much a bad cable. Does it flicker when opening / closing? Then it's definitely damaged.

Might be you damaged it yourself when putting it in :/

Do you want to wait until I've got the new ones here? I can send you a free one then.

No, actually the color is very stable. It does not flicker at all, it's as good as new except that it's pink :(

I'm not sure I would have the courage to do the whole operation all over again so I may send my Pandora back to you, ED, unless there's anything I could so with this cable to make it work.

Any rough estimate on when you have the new display-cables? You have my old Rebirth with broken LCD cable for upgrade to 1GHz. I think I'd like to wait for a new cable (though I guess that's what you were going to do anyway) :)

No, but don't worry, I will cover your shipping costs.

Thanks, appreciate your support :)

By the way, can I send you back the unit without the battery? (to make it lighter to ship)

Sure.

Any rough estimate on when you have the new display-cables? You have my old Rebirth with broken LCD cable for upgrade to 1GHz. I think I'd like to wait for a new cable (though I guess that's what you were going to do anyway) :)

They're shipped, so it should take about 1 - 2 weeks.

Before you dismiss it as a bad cable... make very very sure that the cable is properly clipped in on the Pandora board... I had to take my case off again, reclip it until I got a stable picture.

Back