Screen Dark... Recommendations?

Le Chuck

Still Fresh
Working on two minis, extended the cables on the caanoos to 6 inch and may have done some form of damage to one main board. Work in a clean environment and did not notice anything out of ordinary during decasing, none the less I can't seem to trouble shoot this problem correctly so could use some recommendations.

Issue:

Screen is dark and doesn't seem to be receiving the juice for backlighting. When I go into options and turn the brightness all the way up the screen goes black, as in off. As battery drains screen will slowly go totally dark. As caanoo is left on screen will flicker slightly between dark and really dark before settling on really dark.

What I've tried:

Using a different screen - same issue (something with the board and not the screen)

Using both screens on the other caanoo - no issue (confirmed it's not the screens)

Not using an extension cable on dark caanoo - same issue (not the cable)

Tried both batteries - same issue (not the battery)

Reflashed firmware to 1.6.1 - same issue (not the software)

So I'm pretty much left with a hardware issue. I can't see any issues with the zif ffc receptacle and I can't find broken traces or solder joints.

I'm open to anything, and if anybody has a pinout or can help zero me in on a part of the board to be inspecting really carefully I'd appreciate it!

Akabei said:
CC Gaming was/is the US repair center for the Caanoo. Maybe they can help you, or send you a new board.

I assume you've tried the obvious thing and have adjusted the brightness in the Caanoo setting menu :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reesy said:
I assume you've tried the obvious thing and have adjusted the brightness in the Caanoo setting menu :)

When I go into options and turn the brightness all the way up the screen goes black
Yup. Wish it had been that simple.

Akabei, I'll be giving these guys a call and see what we can work out. Thanks!

Le Chuck said:
When I go into options and turn the brightness all the way up the screen goes black, as in off.

Reesy said:

Is it possible to discharge the LCD backlight? This morning after no change other than being plugged in all night I now have backlight. Tested with full batteries and plugged into USB power both before and got nothing. 15 hours on the charge and it's up and running. If the backlight circuit is capacitive could that account for it? Either way I'm up and working, I'll be doing more stress testing to make sure it doesn't represent again but the only thing that I can figure is that the backlight or circuit handling it had to soak up enough charge passively to kick back on. Feel like I'm clutching at straws with that explanation. Either way it's working again.

any body who know about that how to discharge the back light of the LCD but i have need easy way to discharge.
and body who knows about that please contact.
thanks..

Back