Screen Blanking And Resetting

Jred

Still Fresh
I just bought a FLU off of ebay and i'm having some issues. when i first got it it ran like a champ, but started to blank out and reset when i played games that required a lot of juice like doom or an emu running at 160.

I replaced the batteries when this happened with some duracell's that worked fine for another few hours, possibly 5. i play with the FLU lit BTW.

Anyway, once the problem came back i replaed the batteries again, this time with some cheep ones my wife bought, but these started doing it within 15 or 20 minutes.

I found that somtimes if i toggle the light on and off i can get it to stop for a while, but even when i turn the light off it resets sometimes.

Has anyone come into this before? Is it my crappy batteries or do i have another problem here?

That is normal behavior, GP32 is a power hog. But what you do is get some good NIMH rechargeables (mine are Rayovac 1800 mAh).

Blah posted on Mar 18 2005 at 06:34 AM said:
That is normal behavior, GP32 is a power hog. But what you do is get some good NIMH rechargeables (mine are Rayovac 1800 mAh).

yep buy rechagables! green uniross 2000nmh are good|!

dont buy standard red!

or alkaline normal batteries - duracell will give you 5-6 hours but that costs heaps!

:blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, looks like i'm hitting up RAT SHACK on the way home from work today.

BTW, does anyone know where to get a replacement thumbstick? mine has issues going up+left and up+right. i can get it there but with a lot of hard core tweaking, and that doesn't help much in the middle of a game. other than those 2 issues my gp32 is da bom.

theres a Controller mod you can do... Open the back case and put paper behind the controller bit and close the case :D

Thanks, i'll have to give that a shot.

Do you know of any place that has a listing of hardware mods that i can go through to check out?

Radioshacks equivalent of my Rayovac batteries cost $20 for 4 (and they weren't even the fast recharge kind). I went to Wal-Mart and bought my Rayovacs at $8 for 4. :) Radioshack is just too expensive.

Back