Saving in Scumm

Goatboy

Still Fresh
Sorry if already fully covered - couldn't find the answer to this:

In dott on Scumm, I cannot save my game - It seems to be asking for a filename or something. Any clues?

Sorry for stupidity.

Ade.

I take it you have gotten as far as pressing START and are at the Load/Save screen?

Well...

1) Unless already done so, click on SAVE (A button)

2) Click on the save-number you want. (A button again - It should highlight.)

3) Hold down the RIGHT TRIGGER button. Now moving the joystick will allow you to select the letter (Up/Down) or move the curson (Left/Right)... Note - moving left will DELETE the character.

4) Double click (A button) on the highlighted save number to save the game.

... The game also auto-saves every now and then - The game may pause for about 10 seconds or so.

It's not daft if you think about it...

Normally you'd type in the name, and THEN press save - This is what most people, including me, do in general in most games... It seems strange now to double click on the title of the save-game!!! I think that's something that changed over the years! :)

Hi,

I`ve just copied SCUMM on to my GP32 and am playing The secret of monkey islands, It worked first time and plays perfectly. It`s just that i have one slight problem, When the game tries to auto save i get an error "Failed to save game state to file: gp:/GPMM/SCUMM/monkeyvga.s01". I have followed the advice mentioned in the previous post (ie. Manual saving) but still get the error. One thing that i have noticed is the lenght of the file name it is tring to save with "monkeyvga.s01" which is 9+1 characters, Could this be the problem. :unsure:

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated :)

PS, Is it me or is the site very, very slow at the moment???

Trooper

If found the solution to my problem here, Tut tut, Guess it was me being too damn lazy :rolleyes: . Seek and you will find ;) .

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Thnks for all help - i just couldn't work out how to type in a filename!

Is this covered in the FAQ for the program, as I had not seen it.

Back