Sandisk 4gb

Stevie_Mac

Still Fresh
Website
www.steviemac.co.uk
Anyone used this on the GP2X yet, im thinking of getting it but i want to know for sure its compatable.

http://play.com/play247.asp?page=title&amp...USB+2.0+Reader#

I've had loads of trouble with the RiData 4Gb not taking 3.75Gb of data & only taking 3.22Gb, then saying its full after a fresh format. I've also had to send it back 2 times already due to it not taking folders copied accross & it failing to format, maybe im just unlucky.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Steve

Nope Sorry, the card reader im using the SanDisk 5 in 1 reader was bought specifically because a guy on this forum stated the serial number of the reader to buy to work with the 4Gb RiData card. It works with his 4Gb Ridata so it shouldn't be that. I contacted the people at the place i bought it & they've been really helpful but i could be a bad batch.

Either way i still need to know if the card in the first post from PLAY.com works on the GP2X

cheers for the speedy reply tho.

I bought it from Amazon, and it definitely doesn't work with the GP2X. Unfortunately SDHC is backwards compatible in that devices that can do SDHC can also read SD, but not vice versa. There is talk about maybe a firmware update might fix it, but noone really knows.

I was hoping that the Wii might be SDHC, but it isn't. That'll teach me to order stuff when I'm drunk.

when you say it dont take folders you copy to it and such, you are probably not syncing the data before removing the device from the cardreader, and thus the data are not really written there.

remember to unmount (which will sync), or run the command sync manually, and then unmount

Back