Samsung dvd drive & webcam

sukhi2011

I've just ordered samsung dvd rw drive,would it be compatible with vlc player.

is there any chance of burning software from pandora to the the cd writer,don't think there's an burner software on pandora.

I'm looking for an webcam which can do take photos and video recording with 5 mega pixel+,which one is recommened.

Actually, there is a burning program called Brasero. Look it up on the Pandora Wiki.

Last time I plugged in my Samsung DVD drive my Pandoras screen flickered. Probably too much power draw.

This may not exactly be on topic if so I apologize, but while talking about external disc readers/burners, what about Pandora programs(using an externally-powered usb-connected dvd burner) to rip cd's to flac & dvd's to the basic VIDEO_TS folders? do such programs exist, or could they exist? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have usb hub,i can power it through that.

Once i have samsung drive will try it and let you guys know,how it gets on.

No one has commented on my webcam issue.

I just received my samsung drive and i can't get it to work trying to play music,videos,pictures and used vlc player doesn't show the drive at all,the drive comes with cable which one is data cable and the other for the power.

Please i need help on this how to get it working.

Get a logitech webcam.

i have 2 C200's and they work out of the box with linux (ubuntu)

as my pandora is still somewhere in pandoraland i can't test it for you on a pandora

like this one: http://www.logitech.com/nl-nl/webcam-communications/webcams/devices/7076
The link you sent me of a webcam would that work which is in hd 720p.

they also have webcams with more megapixels.

the C310 has 5mp foto's and 720p movie 50usd

the C525 has 8mp foto's and 720p movie and autofocus 60usd

the C615 has 10mp foto's and 1080p movie and autofocus 80 usd

the C910 has 10mp foto's and 1080p movie and autofocus, carl zeiss lens, stereo mic 99usd

in my opinion is the C310/C525 the best buy

Get a logitech webcam.

as my pandora is still somewhere in pandoraland i can't test it for you on a pandora

like this one: http://www.logitech.com/nl-nl/webcam-communications/webcams/devices/7076

the C910 has 10mp foto's and 1080p movie and autofocus, carl zeiss lens, stereo mic 99usd

Yes they are best buys.

Can all of these webcam work on pandora,i like last 2 because they have 1080p,can these webcam do still images.

Can these webcam clipped on pandora self portrait and facing towards front of you.

Regarding Brasero the software wiki links to this short discussion on the other forum http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/2034-brasero/

but a longer thread about it is here on this forum http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/2034-brasero/

You'll find it probably wont be able to see your DVD drive to allow burning from it and in addition that most programs VLC Panplayer etc will also fail to see it to run DVD films.

VLC also has been built without DVD support in Sebt3's build at the time, so unless thats been re-done since then, you also aren't going to get it to play DVD's yet...hate to be a killjoy but I'll be glad to hear if you get things working, or if updates are possible to enable these functions.

The drive isn't working properly it keeps on reloading everytime,it seems the drive isn't compatible,is the 2.0 usb hub good or do i need ac powered usb hub.

The drive isn't working properly it keeps on reloading everytime,it seems the drive isn't compatible,is the 2.0 usb hub good or do i need ac powered usb hub.

My guess it's more of a power issue than the drive not being usb 2.0 compatible.

My guess it's more of a power issue than the drive not being usb 2.0 compatible.
If it's power issue,do you know what can i do.

When i connected the usb cable directly to usb port to pandora the screen flickered.

If it's power issue,do you know what can i do.

When i connected the usb cable directly to usb port to pandora the screen flickered.

You will need a AC powered USB Hub, which is what I was implying in my last post.

I was thinking about that aswell,thanks for letting me know.

The vlc player does it play music,videos,pictures and when get to the screen where you select media is there suppose to be cd-rom icon.

Get a logitech webcam.

Yes they are best buys.

Can all of these webcam work on pandora,i like last 2 because they have 1080p,can these webcam do still images.

Can these webcam clipped on pandora self portrait and facing towards front of you.

They all can do that.

I tried to write photo but instead i used the dutch word foto sorry for that

Back