Safe Way To Increase Clock Frequency In Fishynes?

va1210

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
When I play SMB with fishyNES I have to use frameskip 1 to avoid having the game slower than intended. Is there any way I can increase the clock frequency so that I can play with 0 frameskip at full fps?

Thanks,

(naw)mcx posted on Mar 23 2006 at 12:28 AM said:
You will have to use a script to overclock and i dont know it. Im kinda dumb..... Just search the forum for it

Ok, I'll have a look. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need the cpu_speed app and a script editor like Programmer's Notepad (with line endings set to Unix (LF)). Then type:

cd /mnt/sd/path/to/cpu_speed
./cpu_speed 0 0 MHz
cd /mnt/sd/path/to/emulator
./emulator.gpe

For example, if I have SquidgeSNES installed in the folder SqSN on the root of my SD and cpu_speed on the root of my SD, and I wanted to overclock to 266MHz, my script would be:

cd /mnt/sd
./cpu_speed 0 0 266
cd /mnt/sd/SqSN
./squidgesnes.gpe

va1210 posted on Mar 22 2006 at 09:29 PM said:
(naw)mcx posted on Mar 23 2006 at 12:28 AM said:
You will have to use a script to overclock and i dont know it. Im kinda dumb..... Just search the forum for it

Ok, I'll have a look. Thanks.

Assuming you have the cpu/lcd tweaking tool on the sd root. You need to use something like programmers notepad http://www.pnotepad.org/ and save the script in unix format LF.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

/mnt/sd/cpu_speed.gpe 1 2 266
./fishyNES
sync
cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

Delete the .gpe from the original fishyNES.gpe it will still run and then save this script as fishyNES.gpe.

NeoStuey posted on Mar 23 2006 at 01:33 AM said:
Assuming you have the cpu/lcd tweaking tool on the sd root. You need to use something like programmers notepad http://www.pnotepad.org/ and save the script in unix format LF.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

/mnt/sd/cpu_speed.gpe 1 2 266
./fishyNES
sync
cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

Delete the .gpe from the original fishyNES.gpe it will still run and then save this script as fishyNES.gpe.

Thanks a lot, that script worked super well!

Back