Running Ubuntu 64-bit, Can''t Get Imgtec Sdk To Do Anything

The funny thing is, I downloaded the Win32 version to one of the lab computers here and it seem horribly broken anyway.

Here's how it went:
1. Attempted to run demo
2. Demo whined about not being able to find some libraries
3. Thought to myself, "good thing I downloaded this PACKAGE that knows where its own stuff is.."
4. Copied *.dlls from some place like 7 levels into the hierarchy to the place like 5 levels in where the demos are.
5. Ran the demo again
6. University's computers have no shader support.
7. Gave up again for a while.

My Ubuntu system is kind of in a state of falling apart right now, I screwed up a few things.
When I re-install, I might try running the Windows version in Wine. This seems much easier than emulating anything or compiling anything from that horrible imgtec package.

sindbad said:
Since vmware bought Tungsten Graphics, they might integrate Gallium3D into their VMs. If not, someone else will do it, since it's probably the best way to do such things. Nothing available right now, though.

Well, yeah, Gallium is and has always been the best graphics infrastructure around since it was released. If they include that in VMWare, we'll probably get remote GL/DX Support :blink: (aka like you can get by SSHing X right now thus sending all OpenGL calls to the remote machine, but virtualized and more cross-platform...)

Anyways, I'm currently trying to compile the VirtualBox guest additions to try out this new technology (and to stay on topic, I might as well install the SDK afterwards while I'm at it), but I've bumped into a few problems as mentioned previously.
If someone's got the time, could you hint at what the f*** is wrong?? I'll log in from the VM and provide some debug info in a sec...

EDIT:
Output of "LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose CR_DEBUG=1 glxinfo"
http://pastebin.com/m68b03e3f

Output of "/media/VBOXADDITIONS_2.2.0_45846/VBoxLinuxAdditions-amd64.run"
http://pastebin.com/m75ea20fe

Output of "lsmod|grep vbox"
CODE
vboxvideo 11008 1
drm 201456 2 vboxvideo
vboxvfs 51368 0
vboxadd 87680 11 vboxvfs

Output of "dkms status"
CODE
vboxvfs, 2.2.0, 2.6.27.21-170.2.56.fc10.x86_64, x86_64: installed
vboxvideo, 2.2.0, 2.6.27.21-170.2.56.fc10.x86_64, x86_64: installed
vboxadd, 2.2.0, 2.6.27.21-170.2.56.fc10.x86_64, x86_64: installed

Output of "updatedb; locate vboxvideo_drm.so"
CODE

Output of "make" in "/usr/src/vboxvideo-2.2.0"
(note that there is no error, it's just make being verbose about the step it skips)
http://pastebin.com/m75591da4

In all this, I can't even see where the drm driver is supposed to be built but it has to be somewhere, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
The highlighted section is definitely telling you that it can't find the Direct Rendering Infrastructure shared library for virtualbox.
Whatever that means.

lulzfish said:
The highlighted section is definitely telling you that it can't find the Direct Rendering Infrastructure shared library for virtualbox.
Whatever that means.
Guess why I highlighted it :p

That's what I'm hunting, the vboxvideo_drm.so file.

'sindbad' said:
Since vmware bought Tungsten Graphics, they might integrate Gallium3D into their VMs. If not, someone else will do it, since it's probably the best way to do such things. Nothing available right now, though.
you can bet your house gallium will find its way into vmware.

I wouldn't be so sure... you see the gl calls are wrapped to the native gl.... and nvidia will probably never support gallium and virtualbox is going to wan't to work on nvidia drivers even if they are closed source

also gallium isn't going to work on windows (in theory it can but binary drivers arn't gonna support it)

Back