Running Roms From Ext Hdd

krosfyah

Syntax Error
Website
Visit site
I've got a USB laptop drive hooked up to the EXT connector and it's showing up as sda in the GP2x menus. Emulators that allow free browsing for ROMS work fine but, being a linux noob, I have no idea what path I should be putting in the config for those that don't? Also, Outcast has neither free browsing nor a config file and always looks on the SD card even if I run it from the EXT HDD, so does this make it impossible until an official update?

Cheers.

subcon959 posted on Aug 17 2006 at 07:18 PM said:
I've got a USB laptop drive hooked up to the EXT connector and it's showing up as sda in the GP2x menus. Emulators that allow free browsing for ROMS work fine but, being a linux noob, I have no idea what path I should be putting in the config for those that don't? Also, Outcast has neither free browsing nor a config file and always looks on the SD card even if I run it from the EXT HDD, so does this make it impossible until an official update?

Cheers.

You could link the two folders, The location is prolly /mnt/sda/

to link two folders,

ln -s /mnt/sd1 /mnt/sda

as long as the card folder is /mnt/sd1 and the ext drive is /mnt/sda

Mike

cxzuk posted on Aug 17 2006 at 07:25 PM said:
subcon959 posted on Aug 17 2006 at 07:18 PM said:

Cheers.

You could link the two folders, The location is prolly /mnt/sda/

to link two folders,

ln -s /mnt/sd1 /mnt/sda

as long as the card folder is /mnt/sd1 and the ext drive is /mnt/sda

Edit: Accually, link inside the /mnt/sd1 folder.. something like /mnt/sd1/ext so that you can still mount over the top of it

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Back