Running Halflife In Windowed Mode

Octavious

Programer Guru! ...in the making
Website
www.retroportables.4x2.net
well, it kinds relates to gp32
I want o get an aspect of halflife in 320x240 so I know what my wuake maps will look like when I get batter at building them
SO...
can I run half life in windowed at 320x240?
how?

~Octavious

Well, if you're running either Steam or original Half-Life you should be able to run Half-Life at 320x240 in software mode. I don't think you can in hardware. Should just be under the video settings.

EDIT
And I think in Steam there should be an option for windowed mode under the video settings. With the original Half-Life you might have to add -w or -window after the location of the Half-Life executale in your shortcut. For example, "C:\Games\Half-Life\hl.exe" -w

beef posted on Sep 17 2004 at 05:01 AM said:
Well, if you're running either Steam or original Half-Life you should be able to run Half-Life at 320x240 in software mode. I don't think you can in hardware. Should just be under the video settings.

EDIT
And I think in Steam there should be an option for windowed mode under the video settings. With the original Half-Life you might have to add -w or -window after the location of the Half-Life executale in your shortcut. For example, "C:\Games\Half-Life\hl.exe" -w

i think you can just open the config file and set the option fullscreen to 0
thats the way quake configs work and HL is quake after all ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back