Room for one more..?

Not bad, not bad. Very reasonable price... Looks superb as well.  :)

Though as i am very much a keep to myself person... This device wouldn't get all that much use from me, especially as I'm waiting on an ICP2 and looking to get a Note 8.

This looks like it will be going head to head with OUYA; I actually prefer this out of the two. But is it just a tad too late to the party?

Is there going to be a crowd-funding bubble burst as more and more people try to use it to refund the same things over and over again? Despite all the claims of how unique it is I'm struggling to find what new thing it actually provides, outside of the LEDs.

My guess is this uses RK3066.

iprice said:
This looks like it will be going head to head with OUYA; I actually prefer this out of the two. But is it just a tad too late to the party?

I don't think it'll compete well when it delivers less (no controller, probably less customized software work and established ecosystem, probably slightly weaker SoC)

Last edited by a moderator:
The momentum is with the Ouya.. so far anyway, so be hard for others (even if superior) to compete, when a lot of people are already throwing their weight that way; that all said.. 'its all Android', so all these guys are probably more or less compatible (excepting DRM layers and BS like that, so software will probably be made available for all of them if they have enough sales to be worth it.)

I like their 'estimated shipping, May'; all these KS who give themselves only a couple of months to organize production, get things tested and finalized and ready to ship; sure hope the cases come out right first time, and no bugs in the mass produced pcbs etc :)

Still .. looks pretty cute, in the same way Ouya/etc look cute.

I'm really happy about all these little guys flooding the markets .. little guys.. yay! TV-out as a core feature.. yay! Remember how much a PITA its been over the years to play vidoe files or music or whatever onto a TV.. some TVs have SD slots, some use xbox or 360 or ps3 with limited and painful DLNA systems and running Windows Media Server or PS3MEdiaServer or a host of really shitty hard to configure linux media servers, etc. We're getting there, with better software and cheaper units. I mean, R-pi for $35 plus a $10 case to make it attractive.. pretty swank, or these more pretty little guys.. more and more general market acceptance.. this is great. Hackable units that people can code for with free tools, that pipe right to your TV. This is a good time :)

jeff

Totally one of a kind . Actually I like it more than the Gamestick , but since the Ouya got all the attention I'll just go with that . Like I did with the Raspberry pi , dispite having to yet put an os on mine .

Looking at the video I got two impressione:

- They got a totally cool BS/Gui called "Android" - ever heard of that anyone ?

- They put a lot (and I mean a lot, as they are only showing excerpts from the cases design process) of thought into the case

- The "electronic part" wasn't part of their design process

Cool 3D Printer.  If only those high res 3d printers were reasonably priced .  One day, one day

That video was almost a spoof of the Ouya video. Even had a female CEO with a name starting with J.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back