Release Rockbox 3.13

Is it normal that Rockbox quits after some minutes if I put it on pause ?

And, is there a way to minimize it ?

Anyway it works great, thanks for the update ;)

Is it normal that Rockbox quits after some minutes if I put it on pause ?
 Do not know wether it is normal or not, but I can report the same behaviour on my side (consistent since the first version that got into the repo)
And, is there a way to minimize it ?
It is a bit "hacky" but you could use the Pandora button to bring up the "kill menu", skip it and then minimize the rockbox window

I guess it's a normal behavior for rockbox, on a real MP3 player, it would shutdown the player to save battery ;)

Here it only shutdown the app.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it's a normal behavior for rockbox, on a real MP3 player, it would shutdown the player to save battery ;)

Here it only shutdown the app.
Ah... that makes sense now - I guess it is normal... would be nice if it could be prevented, however.

Also this version fixed the segfaults I was getting with certain ogg files! :)

@thatgui: I was hoping for a better solution, but yeah, thanks ;)

And another question, is my memory joking on me or the battery meter was working in older versions ?

I think this should work on the Pandora but I have not checked yet. On my Sansa player running Rockbox, In Settings > General Settings > Startup/Shutdown > Idle Poweroff you can change the time to shutdown the player. You can change the time from Off, 1-10 minutes and then 15, 30, 45, and 60 minutes.

Hello, I've made small adjustments to the pnd to run rockbox in windowed mode to allow proper multitasking and added extra button bindings (ABXY now are now 'corner buttons' for rockbox). Also I changed triggers bahaviour to support one function - center button (play/pause in 'now playing' window) when both triggers are pressed.
Since I'm not an original maintainer of this package i'll just post diff to current master and new resources here (and a pnd for those willing to try without compiling).
By the way the link to sebt3's toolchain is now https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/yactfeau.54899/

Attachments

• delta.txt
    9.3 KB · Views: 502
  • resources.zip
    156.8 KB · Views: 145
  • rockbox.pnd
    6.5 MB · Views: 129
Thanks @CrazyIvan ! I use Rockbox daily... will pop these into my SD and tinker with them...

Back