RJ45 port on Pandora 2 ?

Linux-SWAT

Forum Addict!
I use a lot my USB-RJ45 adapters (have 3 models, from very good to pretty bad, connected to different machines/subnets).

Sometimes, i'd like to have a native port on my OP.

Let's be reasonable. With OPT talking about how they don't have room for things the majority want like full SD you can't expect them to spend board space on something that few really want, just to save using a USB adapter. Especially when that USB adapter is to hook up to something that tethers you to a physical connection, therefore making the need for a hub and adapter less of an issue.

I'm curious, would you still even want ethernet if Pandora's wifi weren't so crappy? Personally I use USB gadget ethernet on it.

this magical device is said to be modular...

That doesn't mean the ports will be interchangeable. All that has been alluded to is that the core stuff like SoC will be on a card you can replace. And even if this were the case, an RJ45 port would probably raise the height requirements of the entire unit by a lot.

Oh, i'm not expecting anything, i just ask about ^^.

About WiFi, i don't use it if i have a wired choice.

And i don't consider my unit's WiFi crappy. As far as i used it, it's ok.

tumblr_mbfshfloal1rpdotto1_1280.jpg

*childish giggle*

Id rather have the extra usb port than a dedicated port for ethernet. Then I would use a usb to ethernet adapater.

Also the wifi with the GC unit I have is significantly more reliable than the CC one. So the need for a wired connection is none at this point for me.

Full USB can be used without any cables

so can FullSDXC

If a feature can only be used with a cable, then doing it over USB is less of a problem IMO

Back