Rise of the Triad!

No problems with that! :D

I hope people are able to get hold of the game files to play it - I think that it is still available to buy as a download.

This is one of the biggest releases yet for the GP32, I was suprised that this board wasn't all talking about it.

Maybe people haven't realised that it is now available - it needs a news story on this site!!!

May I be the first to say - Bloody nora, that was quick! :)

Why is it that these things are released when I don't bring my blasted GP32 into work? Huh, please tell me that? :angry:

As for the game files - I suppose it's a good thing I horde all the games I ever had - Why, I don't know - But at least it's paying off now! B)

Does anyone know what the clock rate is on this game? The game is really good, but if the clock rate could be turned up a bit it migt be playable with high detail, full screen size, and auto detail off. The game gets a bit choppy on some levels with high detail turned on and auto detail off.

jegHegy posted on Sep 26 2003 at 01:46 PM said:
66mhz, afaik
Wow, looks pretty good for only 66Mhz.... though so did Doom! Anyone willing to clock this up to 133Mhz? I havent really tried messing around with using a hex editor to make changes to the clock rate on any programs yet so I was hoping someone who has already done this before might be willing to give it a go on ROTT.

Last edited by a moderator:
|[TDP]| posted on Sep 26 2003 at 02:23 PM said:
66mhz answer is wrong... game is working at 40mhz
TDP, outstanding job on this port!!!! I'm really blown away by your work! One question though, would it be possible to have the brightness ajust go a bit higher? Even on the highest setting it's still a bit dard for non-flu machines. Great work!

I still have my orignal cd and the expansion pak.

Must see if the expansion pak works its just an extra 20 or so levels put on to the end of the game :)

Great work TDP alot of people love it :) the brightness setting is a bit low if your not in the sun and your using a light but i still like it :)

Whats planned next? the port only needs music and the exit to reboot. But u must get the sound effects play when b4 the gp32 reboots i love it :D

if you dont get what im talking about just exit the game right now and you will see it stays at a black screen.

There are only 2 other FPS games that will run on a gp32 that i know of hexen and quake :) i tryed to compile quake with the new source that has fixed point conversions so it runs faster but it wont compile the normal version :(

:ph34r:

Theres an option in the graphics menu to turn off distance darkness. That brightens things up quite a lot, but yeah, I would still like to see higher brightness options.

Also, where can I download the original source code for ROTT? I hate getting stuff from fileplanet.

Uh oh. I downloaded the ROTT source code and I spotted something that annoyed me somewhat...

Say hello to our friend, GPL!

How about we look at some extracts from the GPL license, so we can see what you are doing wrong, aye TDP?

Code:
You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of the Program's
source code as you receive it, in any medium, [b]provided that you
conspicuously and appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate
copyright notice and disclaimer of warranty; keep intact all the
notices that refer to this License and to the absence of any warranty;
and give any other recipients of the Program a copy of this License
along with the Program.[/b]

Code:
a) Accompany it with the complete corresponding machine-readable
    source code, which must be distributed under the terms of Sections
    1 and 2 above on a medium customarily used for software interchange
c) Accompany it with the information you received as to the offer
to distribute corresponding source code.

So what does that mean? It means that you HAVE TO INCLUDE THE GPL LICENSE WITH BINARIES AND SOURCE CODE YOU DISTRIBUTE, AND THAT THE SOURCE CODE MUST BE FREELY AVAILABLE AT RELEASE OF THE BINARIES.

No excuses, put up the source code SOON or I will contact 3d Realms. They are already aware of the port, but I do not beleive they are aware of the unavailability of the license and source code. If you need a copy of the GPL, there is a link below.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt

Swiss_Cheeseman posted on Sep 27 2003 at 12:28 PM said:
No excuses, put up the source code SOON or I will contact 3d Realms. They are already aware of the port, but I do not beleive they are aware of the unavailability of the license and source code. If you need a copy of the GPL, there is a link below.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt
That was a dumb way to do it, you don´t begin with threats.

Swiss_Cheeseman posted on Sep 27 2003 at 02:28 PM said:

Why don't you contact ID about craigx not releasing Doom sources?

Don't be so stupid or you'll never see more projects on the GP32.

Swiss_Cheeseman posted on Sep 27 2003 at 12:28 PM said:
No excuses, put up the source code SOON or I will contact 3d Realms.
Is there some reason you like being a prick? Lay off man! You could have asked him to do it a little nicer. Are you trying to piss him off so that no further development is made? What's wrong with you?

A600 posted on Sep 27 2003 at 02:52 PM said:
Why don't you contact ID about craigx not releasing Doom sources?
He released the source already. Just look @ google

Anyway Swiss_Cheeseman you got a point but i don't like the way you tell it. TDP made a great port but he forgot one small thing i don't think you can blame him for not knowing the GPL. I mean how many people look at the license file? Nobody does.

Back