Retro Game Music Remixes.

WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Website
www.retrotech.one
I stumbled across something the other day, and thought it was pretty neat.

I was surfing for old amiga information, when I stumbled on something I really didn't expect. Does anyone remember the Amiga game GODS? If so, do you remember its fantastic theme music "Into the wonderful"? If so, then someone has remixed it:

Gods - Into the Wonderful by DaxxTRS

So have you found any of your old game music that has been revamped?

I frequent those pages all the the time (Remix64 & AmigaRemix).

Over all the quality of the c64-remixes are better than the Amiga-remixes. Probably because there is more to work with since the Amiga originals are pretty perfect already.

As an example: I still haven't found a remix of the Turrican 2 theme that sounds better than the original.
I did however found a fun one of the ending theme... A Western version :) Apparently it's almost a complete rip of the original western piece, but the likeness still made me laugh.

As far as C64 there are a LOT of great ones, so it's hard to single some out.

Rastan is awesome. Check out more of Glyn R Brown's orchestral remakes.

Great Giana Sisters by Machinae Supremacy also deserves mention.

Captured is one of my favorites. It don't get that much praise at the scene, but I love it.

Well - that's just what on top of my mind.

What about the great OCremixes? They have tons of great rearreangements of gamemusic. Hell, Romero advertised for it and Jeremy Soule (Elder scrolls composer) made a rearrangement for a FF track. :p

Not a lot of retro game music remixes, but still...

gp32rich posted on May 17 2006 at 03:03 PM said:
I love what Press Play on Tape have done with a few tunes.

Ones that come to mind are Paperboy(funked up), Bionic Commando, Kettle (much better than the game ;))

Been a while since I've checked their homepage. Living in denmark It's to bad that I missed the TV-coverage of the band. I know it was made for local-TV, but local-stories like these usually get shown on a program that picks the local stories worth mentioning (which I believe this is :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Ringo, great choices there. C64 remix fans should check out http://www.slayradio.org/home.php Its a C64 remix streaming station. What makes it cool is you can request songs. Ther are also live DJs all the time, and live requests while they are on. Great site.

Also, that C&C soundtrack really is pretty good. Nice call Spider.

The Spider Mastermind posted on May 18 2006 at 12:13 AM said:
Its not remix's, but I do quite like these :).

Command & Conquer Soundtrack

I actually got that CD somewhere. It came with the Command & Conquer game when I bought that quite a few years back.

Actually when you think about it... It's rather strange that C&C Generals only had 3 music-scores (1 for each faction), since both the original C&C and Red Alert had quite a few (all rather good)

Also... Saw that C&C3 was announced at E3. Wonder if there will be a third fraction in that game - anything less than Generals seems like a step back...

Anyway... I'm going slightly off topic now <_<

@ grahf:
Yeah. Slayradio is great. You can't really not know about it if you frequent Remix64.com :D (love those double negatives)

I also got a remix of Godz on his way since two or three months.
I had no time to finish it properly, but when it's finished i'll post it here.
"Into... the wonderful..." :)

virusx posted on May 18 2006 at 10:56 AM said:
I also got a remix of Godz on his way since two or three months.
I had no time to finish it properly, but when it's finished i'll post it here.
"Into... the wonderful..." :)

REALLY :) I will be looking forward to hearing that :)

A little off topic this, but still on the subject of remixes :unsure:

There was a TV advert years ago about Cadbury's mini chocolate eggs. The advert was a take on the old Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band's - Mr Slater's Parrot. I thought it was soo funny, I did a dance remix of it featuring some of my old DJ friends and Alyson on female vocals :)

MCParrot.mp3

I actually got this played at our Students Union, and the silly sods danced to it :lol:

MegaDriver are my personal fav they are a brazilian game metal band (or somthing like that). I also found a NSF player on Zophars domain that turned NSFs into piano pieces to listen to that was cool. All the remixes I've been listening to lately have been from Advent Children man one winged angel is good.

Ringo posted on May 17 2006 at 09:37 AM said:
As an example: I still haven't found a remix of the Turrican 2 theme that sounds better than the original.
I did however found a fun one of the ending theme... A Western version :) Apparently it's almost a complete rip of the original western piece, but the likeness still made me laugh.

Well....

Me and a mate did this one ages ago (like 12 YEARS AGO). Have a listen and see what you think. Apart from the main tune being slightly different - my mate insisted it sounded better (Hmmmm) - its prettty damn accurate. This version is XG powered, but original was done on a Yamaha DX7! Its less a remix also, and more of a complete transfer to a better-sounding set of instruments....

http://files.axemansplace.co.uk/turrican2.mp3

Have alisten and give me your opinions...!

Back