Resident Evil Series Games

moz

load *,8,1
Website
Visit site
i now have access to the resident evil series, via playstation 1, dreamcast and gamecube.

which is the best order to play the series?

moz posted on Dec 21 2006 at 02:27 PM said:
i now have access to the resident evil series, via playstation 1, dreamcast and gamecube.

which is the best order to play the series?
Dunno, but RE2 is in my list of top 10 favorite games of all time. I believe I've played it through 4 solid times already.

Phenomenal game. 1 notch below RE4 in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you like resi then I suggest you play Dino Crisis (1&2, not 3 that was terrible), especially number 2, which was one of my fave all time games.

Nova posted on Dec 21 2006 at 06:46 PM said:
If you like resi then I suggest you play Dino Crisis (1&2, not 3 that was terrible), especially number 2, which was one of my fave all time games.
Concur. They're basically Resident Evil games with dinosaurs. It's great stuff.

Code Veronica is probably my favorite--superb game. Zero's also excellent; I love the character swap system. Really, you can't go wrong with any of them (not sure about RE4... it's practically a different game entirely, and I haven't tried it yet). If you're asking where to start, go with the original Resident Evil on PS1. :)

moz posted on Dec 22 2006 at 11:36 AM said:
dino crisis mmm i prefer killing zombies

Shame, you'll be missing out.

Goity posted on Dec 21 2006 at 08:42 PM said:
The camera angle ruined RE4

Not for me!

Nova posted on Dec 22 2006 at 01:08 PM said:
moz posted on Dec 22 2006 at 11:36 AM said:
dino crisis mmm i prefer killing zombies

Shame, you'll be missing out.
ok i'll add them to the list of games ive got to play before i die.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with the camera angle on RE4. They could have maybe moved it a li'l bit back so u could still have the same view point but be able to see enemies coming at u from behind so u could react without being attacked. But then, they were probably trying for a realistic view point.

Ganepark32 posted on Dec 22 2006 at 07:19 PM said:
I didn't think there was anything wrong with the camera angle on RE4. They could have maybe moved it a li'l bit back so u could still have the same view point but be able to see enemies coming at u from behind so u could react without being attacked. But then, they were probably trying for a realistic view point.
But oyu couldn't see anything on screen, and you couldn't move the bastard camera

Goity posted on Dec 22 2006 at 08:59 PM said:
Ganepark32 posted on Dec 22 2006 at 07:19 PM said:
But oyu couldn't see anything on screen, and you couldn't move the bastard camera

Added to the suspense. A truly great game!

U could move the camera with the C-stick but only to the left or right. But as I said, i think they were trying to go for a realistic point of view in that as a person, u only have 270 degrees of vision. So on the screen looking normally, Leon had 180 degrees and with the c-stick to the left or right, you got the full 270 degrees. It did add to the suspense, but it meant that there were times when u would be attacked from behing and u wouldn't have had enough time to react to it.
The camera is gonna be the biggest worry for me for the Wii resi evil. Hopefully they'll just use the resi evil 4 camera but improve it by allowing the player to actually see the characters back so enemies behind u can be spotted quicker.

going back to the first resident evil after playing re4 it makes me realise how cack the controls were, re4 on gamecube not just the best in series but in my top 5 of all time i reckon

Back