[Request] RadioTimeToGo

debernardis

Still Fresh
In this thread, a fine app from maemo repositories was requested and ported to Pandora, within less than 3 hours!

Thanks to Coldbird for the port!

Now it's my turn to ask. I've been looking in Pandora app repositories for an internet radio client, but could find none.

Maemo has RadioTimeToGo that's quite good.

Could it be possible to port? Thanks ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea!

Here is the sourcecode.

It is a python-application, which is on Pandora complaining about the missing "PyQT4"-module and by default uses "KMplayer" to play the streams. So with a little work it seems possible, but i'm not really familiar enough with python to include the missing module(s).

The quick port was only possible cause the dependencies didn't deal trouble...

I'm still fighting with Mumble as we speak... Python stuff should be doable but probably require a tad bunch of shell scripting to get the extension paths running...

Afterall the point of a PND is to run "out of the box" without requiring additional modules on nand.

VLC can play HTTP MP3 streams, and has a listing from Icecast.
There are a lot of media-players on the Pandora able to play from streams (eg. "audacious"). But having a standalone-application for streams like "streamtuner" would be very nice... :)

Great idea!

Here is the sourcecode.

It is a python-application, which is on Pandora complaining about the missing "PyQT4"-module and by default uses "KMplayer" to play the streams. So with a little work it seems possible, but i'm not really familiar enough with python to include the missing module(s).
in angstrom's package list

Not installed on the Pandora then.

I have tried streamtuner on PanDebian but shoutcast section doesn't seem to work. Maybe it's a problem upstream because it didn't browse or search shoutcast even on my ubuntu box.

An interim solution is using the shoutcast site directly; its flash player works with leaked ti.com libflashplayer. I didn't test whether it works with gnash.

Back