Repository for libs

TomB

Very Active Member
Hi,

can we create a repository for libs which are already ported to the pandora?

For so many apps and games you start to port to the pandora, you have to port some libs before which are already used by some other apps, but you don't know about that. So you start searching for the lib or start porting it again.

Regards,

Tom

It sounds like a good idea, but as far as I know .next will come with an official Pandora repository anyway.

While it's hard to say how long development is going to take until .next is ready for the masses, creating such a repo now seems like a waste. Either help the .next developers in their adventure or just collect some often used libs in a forum thread (less work, not as useful, but should suffice for now).

Foxblock, I think you've misunderstood the purpose. TomB isn't suggesting a repository of installable libraries, but rather a repository of PND-able libraries. The idea is this: a developer is making a PND that depends on libraries not included in the default OS; therefore, the library must be included in the PND; so the developer goes to this hypothetical repository, downloads an archive, then unpacks it into PND; now the PND is ready to distribute.

I think it's a great idea, and the means for it already exists: just pack up PND-ready libraries into zip or tar.gz files, and put them on the file archive, under Pandora - Development : Libraries.

Well that was easy! Now to just convince people to put up libraries, and other people to look there if they need one. That's the real trick.

A good idea, but not only the libraries, but also everything they need in share, include and pkgconfig should be bundeled with those libs.

If there'd been a list of audio libraries that included BASS, would have been helpful. I'm assuming that's what's being discussed here?

If so, I agree it's a good idea

Back