Release [REPO] Crash Clone - 0.0.1.1 - New

Repository

preview.png
This is a clone of Crash, a game by Digital Nightmares, that itself was a clone of TRON.
Get it from here!

Hello,

at the moment I'm planning what I want to implement/enhance for the next version.

Therefore I would like to know, what feels fun/right in the current version and what not.

Somehow during all the testing I lost the feeling for this, as I'm just happy that it works ;) .

One point that is really important to me is what the behavior of the enemy AI looks like.

Is it natural, too random or too perfect? (If any of these, are there any suggestions on what could be better?)

My goal is to make them act as human-like as possible, so I will need to make them fail here and there but not too much ...

What I've already been working on and will definitely be included in the next release are the following points:

- speed no longer depending on how over-clocking is configured

- destroyed cars leave behind bigger holes (in the original game it is a 3x3 area around the car, but I choose to only let the direct neighbor-tiles be effected, as I thought that a square looked a bit weird for an explosion)

- other than that I did clean up my sources a little bit, so maybe the release of them won't be too far in the future

(btw, is this the correct topic for this or should stuff like this be posted in the development area?)

Hello,

I think the enemy of the AI is way too easy. I am not certain if you equate the word simple with easy but there you have it all the same. ;)

It would be nice in the menu to have very easy---> very hard modes for one to choose. As mentioned I found this very easy and have played similar type games that presented much more of a challenge.

Perhaps different speed options in the menu would suffice?? Also a color option?

I was not too found of the graphic type paper background. Perhaps different backgrounds per level could be implemented.

The control was spot on !!!!  Very well done with the d-pad.

I know you are well aware of no audio. You speak of explosions and I did not encounter any. I purposefully lost a round to see if I would explode but did not .  :blink:

Well there you have it. Hope this helps a tad.

I think this game has plenty of potential and would like to see the beta release  ;)

Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Thanks, yeah, the audio-part is one I didn't implement yet, as well as animated explosions, rockets and turbos.

The only part of explosions I did implement, are those holes that should remain, whenever a car crashes and even those aren't animated yet.

About the graphic type paper background, do you mean the tileset, or the background of what will one day be the main-menu? (English is not my native language, so I'm not sure if I got it right)

Regarding the tileset, I got that optional point on my todo-list, to support custom ones, and more variations of the same tile (I did recognize, that sometimes it is hard to tell how fast you are moving, because if you move by one tile, it still looks more or less the same as before).

Thanks, yeah, the audio-part is one I didn't implement yet, as well as animated explosions, rockets and turbos.

The only part of explosions I did implement, are those holes that should remain, whenever a car crashes and even those aren't animated yet.

About the graphic type paper background, do you mean the tileset, or the background of what will one day be the main-menu? (English is not my native language, so I'm not sure if I got it right)

Regarding the tileset, I got that optional point on my todo-list, to support custom ones, and more variations of the same tile (I did recognize, that sometimes it is hard to tell how fast you are moving, because if you move by one tile, it still looks more or less the same as before).
Yes sorry, I mean the tile set. The opening menu was well done, just needs an option menu.

Thank you for the response.  ;)

Last edited:
Back