Wiz Only Boots To Splash Screen

Toy8ox

Still Fresh
My wiz will only boot to the splash screen when turned on. I've tried reloading the firmware by turning it on with the R button held down but a screen that says firmware upgrade appears and flips back to the splash screen again. I would greatly appreciate anyone's comments with an idea of how to fix this. Thanks in advance.

You need to use an SD card (sometimes non-HC, so max 2GB). Copy the firmware (should be in the archives, dl.openhandhelds.org) to the SD card, insert it and then turn on the Wiz while holding the right shoulder button. If that doesn't work, it might be because your card is to... i don't know... too expensive, too fast... my 16GB class 6 didn't work, so i had to buy a 2GB card which worked.

/Uni

and first flash with firmware 1.1.0 and then with 1.2.1 ... i dont recall where i read this, but i think thats the way to go...

foody said:
Have you tried reloading the firmware?
yeah but i just get a firmware upgrade screen and then it goes back to the splash.

Last edited by a moderator:
u9i said:
You need to use an SD card (sometimes non-HC, so max 2GB). Copy the firmware (should be in the archives, dl.openhandhelds.org) to the SD card, insert it and then turn on the Wiz while holding the right shoulder button. If that doesn't work, it might be because your card is to... i don't know... too expensive, too fast... my 16GB class 6 didn't work, so i had to buy a 2GB card which worked.

/Uni
I am using a 32 GB SDHC card so i'll try using a regular sd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried a smaller SD card and loaded Firmware 1.2.1 after trying the other ones and not succeeding. So my wiz is working now. Thanks for all the help.

Back