Reordering Update

Sorry if this has already been answered, but when is the cutoff date for re-paying for an existing pre-order? I've been waiting to see if the credit card payments would resume, and now that I hear about this new trouble, I'm torn between going the wire transfer route, or just letting my pre-order slip and waiting for the second batch when all the problems will hopefully be a thing of the past. I'm curious to know how much time I have left to come to a decision.

--Zero

Ze_ro said:
Sorry if this has already been answered, but when is the cutoff date for re-paying for an existing pre-order? I've been waiting to see if the credit card payments would resume, and now that I hear about this new trouble, I'm torn between going the wire transfer route, or just letting my pre-order slip and waiting for the second batch when all the problems will hopefully be a thing of the past. I'm curious to know how much time I have left to come to a decision.

--Zero
They can't really expect you to come to a decision until they have provided some alternative payment methods...

Last edited by a moderator:
hey

Pleng, actually I'm saying you can't know what happened, neither can I. Also maybe mfk kept a keymat for himeself, it looked like there were quite a few, maybe he was encouraged to make a video to keep us updated, maybe mfk received them later at night, and so showed them off that night and posted to MWeston them in the morning, who knows. edit: Actually I haven't really watched them videos, only had a quick peek at one when the thread started, so you probably have a better idea than me (assuming ya watched the videos, hehe). another edit: But yea, I'd like to think/hope that mfk just sent them off to MWeston without going through some party, but obviously it didn't happen, I just hope there was no delay because of the party.

edit: Also, I find it easy to beleive that craigix made contact and informed the bank of what was to come prior, I remember I had the impression that things were being prepared for preorders back at that time based on craigix's activity on the forums, but I dunno.

cyas

Isn't this an easy one? Craigs shop takes 40% in credit card orders and Evildragons shop take 40% in credit card orders and the other 20% via bank transfer? Just split the list of people wanting to reorder by credit card and email the people telling them who to buy from and how.

scottm said:
As someone else said can we pay by debit card? (visa debit, maestro) - I'd be happy paying this way

alternatively, paypal would be my 2nd choice

I didn't order the 1st time but have signed up to the newsletter to get the chance to order one of the extra 2-300

I have bought from Craig for years - a gp32 & a gp2x - so I know he is reliable
much as i understand not choosing paypal [newzbin have similar issue with them and have chosen their own direct payment system instead] i would accept this method as it's linked directly to funds in my bank account and therefore honoured
i would understand if craig&co. would prefer not to, and would alternatively use my debit card for a similar direct payment but i know of no way for you guys to implement this [as somebody else suggested; there may be options on the anti-paypal site]
i think, ppl harping on about wanting to use cc is not helping resolve the issue. we're really looking at implementation of guaranteed/insured alternatives, using physically immediately available hard-cash funds. after the financial institutions' abuse of the system (causing collapse) they are now clamping down on lending and cc's are a part of that same cultural problem. the new scrutiny is becoming an emerging hindrance in the places where credit wasn't given second thought before, because outstanding funds were seen as projected interest (to that system), ledgered as a positive and used as a virtual gambling collateral
i would call for those in the know to come forward with viable direct-transfer-of-funds solutions
i personally have no idea. i only ever use an atm to retrieve physical cash when i have funds, debit card, cheques (on occasion when no other option is given) or online transfers directly from my a/c

Is there any official word on xoom transfers on OP's side other than to hold off on that?

EDIT: Sorry if I missed it in the previous posts

bazt said:
Frogboy...haha! we know which muppet your supposed to be then eh!
Did you just call me OpenPandora's puppet? Oh, the irony. The community should get a good kick out of that one. :lol:

We've already gone through the scam stuff before many times. It has been addressed as well as it's going to be. There is nothing new that anyone can bring up that wasn't discussed three weeks ago or so. That time has passed. I'm now offering solutions. You should learn to read people's older posts to get an idea of where they are coming from before you insult them. Otherwise, you just end up making yourself look like an ass.

Eniko said:
Am I the only one with the overwhelming urge to create a topic titled "The cake is a lie!" where all conspiracy theories can go so they stop muddying up the rest of the boards?
No, I've actually thought about this myself. I didn't want anyone to take it the wrong way if I did though, all things considered. I was going to call it "This has all happened before and it'll all happen again". A fitting quote from Battlestar Galactica for those who haven't seen the newer version of the show.

masoukishi said:
Is there any official word on xoom transfers on OP's side other than to hold off on that?
Last I heard, at least one person had their order cancelled on them the following day. Not sure if anyone has had any success with xoom yet. Keep an eye on this thread though. I know more than one person ordered this way.

puppydee said:
Isn't this an easy one? Craigs shop takes 40% in credit card orders and Evildragons shop take 40% in credit card orders and the other 20% via bank transfer? Just split the list of people wanting to reorder by credit card and email the people telling them who to buy from and how.
:blink:

Both accounts still would need 60% bank transfers. Splitting it wouldn't help, the total would remain the same.

(Fudged up numbers for ease of math)
Total: 2000 orders, need 1200 bank transfer, 800 credit

Split up into 2 banks:

Bank 1: 1000 orders total, 600 bank transfer, 400 credit
Bank 2: 1000 orders total, 600 bank transfer, 400 credit

Total: 2000 orders, 1200 bank transfers, 800 credit. That doesn't change anything, how the heck did you come up with that idea? :p

Brockway said:
puppydee said:
:blink:

Both accounts still would need 60% bank transfers. Splitting it wouldn't help, the total would remain the same.

(Fudged up numbers for ease of math)
Total: 2000 orders, need 1200 bank transfer, 800 credit

Split up into 2 banks:

Bank 1: 1000 orders total, 600 bank transfer, 400 credit
Bank 2: 1000 orders total, 600 bank transfer, 400 credit

Total: 2000 orders, 1200 bank transfers, 800 credit. That doesn't change anything, how the heck did you come up with that idea? :p You're both slightly on the wrong path. ;)

The figure is "at least 40% bank transfers required", not "40% credit orders allowed". Bank transfers must reach 40% of the total number before credit orders are allowed. The only quick solution is for several hundred more people to pull their finger out and do a transfer. We won't be seeing a credit card link until that happens.

Some of us sadly don't have that option, unless we are willing to do a transfer without ever seeing a refund, and... I'm sorry if I'm just not up for doing that.

Well, I'm considering mailing a check to "OpenPandora Inc.". If I recall correctly, the bank will insure your check if it gets into the wrong hands. I'm about to head over and ask someone knowledgeable at my bank about it.

If that fails, I'm doing a bank transfer. I'm done waiting, and they need all the bank transfers they can get. :p

javaJake said:
Well, I'm considering mailing a check to "OpenPandora Inc.". If I recall correctly, the bank will insure your check if it gets into the wrong hands. I'm about to head over and ask someone knowledgeable at my bank about it.
I'd make it payable to 'OpenPandora Ltd' and, no there's no insurance against cheque getting into the wrong hands. Though the cheque can only be theoretically cashed by OpenPandora Ltd.

I don't think that's the kind of insurance people are concerned about, though.

Right, I'm signing out for the holidays now... see you all in a couple of days!

Gruso said:
The figure is "at least 40% bank transfers required", not "40% credit orders allowed". Bank transfers must reach 40% of the total number before credit orders are allowed. The only quick solution is for several hundred more people to pull their finger out and do a transfer. We won't be seeing a credit card link until that happens.
Well, finally got my new bank account, that allowed international bank transfer, and transfered it that way today. Got fed up waiting for the CC capability.

Well waited too long ,spent my money towards a new laptop, and getting pissed with my mates.Hoping to save enough for a pandora in the next month or so.
if i dont get enough, tough shit,well i had my fun and thats all that matters.Merry christmas

Merry Christmass All,

Well I'm putting my money where my mouth is :)

I've used this site; http://www.tranzfers.com/
to transfer the money.

I will edit this post when I get updates on progress.

Owen.

edit: OK, they have rung me (confirming addres/indentity details) today and everything is all set for when the BPay transaction goes through (held up by holidays), once it does the transfer to OpenPandora will occur automagically :)

edit: I just received an email from them saying that they have got my money and that the transfer should happen within next three working days.

edit: Jacquelyn emailed me last night to let me know that they have emailed her, saying the money is coming.

edit: Well that worked out rather well, the money has gone through and their service and feed back have been excellent!. For anyone concerned about exchange rates and the like I'll edit this post with some numbers tomorrow.

edit: Sorry I haven't had time to do any sums, but I ended-up sending too much (about 5 pounds). It really has worked out to be a case of paying the same the same amount, in my currency (AUD) now as when I placed the original pre-order :) and I would recommend www.tranzfers.com to anyone wanting to reorder by direct transfer (esp Aus/NZ residents) their fees are reasonable and feed back at every stage is excellent, as is their security!

Well, I'd like to be able to reorder, by whatever means, but I still don't have my refund.

Ordered Oct 1st
Got refund letter Dec 2
No Refund showing in Amex account as of 10 pm, Dec 24th. Sigh.

While I'm undecided as to pay by bank transfer, or wait for the CC page to come up, I know I'm not going to do anything until I've actually gotten my first round of cash back.

Chip (or someone)

While I realize that the whole fiasco about the credit card reordering has been hashed to death on here, is it possible to get a clear message on what the heck is happening with those of us who ordered with American Express?

Thanks

Dan.
(In middle of photoshopping the x-files "I want to believe" poster to have a Pandora instead of the UFO...)

owenshadbolt said:
Merry Christmass All,

Well I'm putting my money where my mouth is :)

I've used this site; http://www.tranzfers.com/
to transfer the money.

I will edit this post when I get updates on progress.

Owen.

Hey that site looks like the best of the lot yet. Looks like they have VERY cheap fees and competitive rates.

Keep us posted on how it goes, I might use that site myself.

mindlord said:
Well, I went to the bank to do the bank transfer... my bank (City National) wanted $50! I'm sorry but that's outrageous. I guess I'm just going to have to wait for the CC reorder page. Unless someone's got a better idea.
I'm with you. I lost $70 on my refund due to the conversion rate bullshit and I'm not willing to piss away another $50 on a device that has been delayed for months and, frankly, doesn't have a real good record with money handling at this point. As awesome as the Pandora looks, I must admit that I am starting to get cold feet.

You didn't lose anything on the conversion rate. You may have lost something to charges. As long as you re-order you pay pretty much exactly the same as you was refunded. Bank transfer rates may be bad though (as they are for me too).

Back