Reordering Update

craigix said:
Don't worry - we are not going to be beaten by a bunch of bankers :)
I think you'll find the collective term for bankers is a 'wunch'

As in, 'A wunch of bankers'

Last edited by a moderator:
well credit card would have suited me best, then paypal, but if it's not going to be an option, I've managed to apply online to add Openpandora LTD as an international beneficiary to my online banking account, now I'll have to wait for some code to be sent to me before I can do anything more ...

Sill hoping there's an easier solution to this, not all that much cash floating around my current account coming up to Christmas!!

Pleng: the difference is, this is for preorders.

International cheques: watch out, you may be charged a big fee to cash them in the UK. I get slugged $14 here.

Amazon Marketplace: they charge a hefty % on sales, don't they?

TaG said:
Mjlink said:
At this point, rather than reordering by region, can't we figure out a way to take orders from the first 500 orders, then the next 500? So essentially you are only taking money/credit cards from 500 at a time versus all 3800.
I have to say, this sounds like a good solution. If the other quote that 2000 Pandoras are paid for then when, say, 100 Pandoras are ready you can ask for bank transfers for 500+, that way nobody can say they don't know if/when it will be ready. It also means that for credit card re-orders it would never fall foul of any other 30 day or whatever rules.

This could be a solution ? There was delays due to lcd screens anyway, and I understood from previous threads that the team was able to cover manufacture of ~2000 without the preorders ? Maybe this could serve as a buffer during production / orders taking ?
If 1000 (including me ^^) have made a bank transfer, then it is 40% of 2500, so up to 1500 CC orders could be done now (opening them to people wrt their queue position.. that could be a problem if that's requiring extra manual selection from the team). The balance of preorders could then be organised after the first batches have been sent to the first of the 2500 preorders, hopefully leading to more confidence for bank transfers or checks or whatever other than CC, so that you keep <60% CC till all pre-orders are claimed...?

Failing PayPal (which sounds like it's not an option :glare:, the glare being at PayPal, not anyone associated with Pandora :p), I like the sound of Google Checkout or setting up as an Amazon Marketplace store myself. I definitely don't like the sound of a bank transfer since the CC I'd prefer to use is my Bank of America card, and the fee for that was already listed as something ridiculous earlier in this thread. :eek:

Perhaps all the AUSTRALIAN buyers could band together and we could do one big transfer per state/capital city.
The idea is that I order - say all the units for Melbourne buyers doing one bank transfer. I can then distribute the units via registered mail or local pickups from my residence.
Obviously there may be trust issues but I hope I am seen as an honest an fair person but that I why I invite local pick up of the item. Obviously if there is something wrong with your unit you will have to go through Craigix - I'd just be the delivery agent so to speak.
Is this viable? Would fellow Melbournians be willing to do this? Craigix do you think this could work - perhaps the same thing could be done for other cities? Of course this would only work and be worthwhile if the Bank fee is flat rate. I haven't looked into that (yet). Perhaps Craigix could give us a postal discount then considering it would be one larger batch rather than many individual packages.

Just throwing some ideas out there - good or bad. :)

I know this is plain impossible, but the really easy way would be "mass reordering": every person that must reorder gets in touch with the others from the same nation, then they choose a reliable man, and this man will do the bank transfer... we get low commissions this way. The point is this "reliable" man might run away with the money, so dunno how many people would trust something like that :p

BTW: the idea is the same posted by slaanesh (we wrote our post almost toghether) but keep in mind this group would be ONLY for payment. Shipping and other stuff should just remain the same.

I'll check with my bank to see if bank transfer is an option, but either way my hands are tied until the end of the month.

Damn basement flood.

Craig and team,
I'd really prefer Google checkout or a similar service, or if you get enough people to order via bank transfer then allow the rest of us to order via CC. Obviously it'll mean checking that out and seeing if you'll run into the same types of problems you have already... I mean the credit is still sitting on my credit card. I can probably contact them and see about getting actual cash back for that, but for international orders coming from America CC or a google checkout / paypal type solution is usually the least hassle and most secure way of doing things. For bank transfer, especially for overseas, there is usually a stiff fine and a lot of "convincing" your bank that you really want to make the order...and, though I hate to think it might happen, no insurance if nothing is ever shipped. I have no idea about personal checks going overseas, but the insurance thing remains.

hey

I think international bank transfers take like a week or two, but I could be wrong.

I don't understand what's up with the banks and credit cards? can't they use the cash that comes in from credit card or something? or is it todo with fees?

Umm, otherwise there is Western Union (they have localised websites also, just add whatever, for example .au), which offer International Transfers (the customer don't need an account, I think ya just pay at the post office, I once payed for something with it) for a bit cheaper, and I think they might be faster also.

edit: Not sure if there are any conditions or anything for businesses, so ya would have to check that out.

another edit: Looks like ya can send cash online now also.

and another
Hmm, something else you might want to be careful about when it comes to International Bank transfers, is that I think some of the funds might get eaten up by certain taxes, and folks might not even know, and in the end I think it would only be seen by Cragix who receives less than they should. Although I'm very uncertain about this, it's just that I once payed for something for a friend using an International Bank transfer, and they received less than what I transfered. Hmm, unless I didn't take into account the transfer fee, but I can't remember.

and even another
Wow, just checked the transfers at Western Union from Australia to United Kingdom, and it says Money transfer fee* $50.00, that's crazyness, I will check to other places. edit: I wonder if it's cheaper if ya don't do it online. edit: Hmm, if I send in AUD for the amount according to the currency conversion at http://www.xe.com, then the transfer fee is only $43, although if I send the amount I originally paid in AUD then it stays at $50, so I dunno.

and ANOTHER edit
Something crazy is going on... I just checked the currency conversion from GBP to AUD at http://www.xe.com, and it seems that either the AUS dollar is stronger now (maybe just a tad), and/or the GB Pound has weakened, cause it seems to cost far less, I mean around AU$26 less, plus I already made AU$10 from the refund, so seems pretty crazy.

cyas

When all is said and done, it cost me $10.00 less to re-order via bank transfer. I told them to keep the 10 spot and add it to my dev. fund contribution....
I sure hope to see something in the final stages soon !!.

D)

Well, I am up for sending my money in whatever method I have to, but the cost for me to send a payment via an international bank transfer from Canada will end up costing around 20% of the purchase price of a Pandora. Transferring money to other banks in Canada for me is cheap and easy though.

I understand that you need to do what is necessary to keep the project viable, I just want to know what I have to pay to get it.

One thing you could try is to talk to resellers in North America, like gp2xstore.com, and try to put together a drop shipping type deal. They take preorders on Credit Card to their own business, and then when preorders are fullfilled they pay you on bank transfer for the whole thing and provide you with shipping addresses. I'd think that many sites might even be interested in doing that at a 1:1 price if you tell them it could get a fair bit of traffic to their site that could potentially buy other stuff...like SD cards.

****CRAZY IDEA BELOW*****

Why not accept pre-paid credit cards via international shipping? Include a slip of paper with name and order number.

**EDIT**
How bout an extra keyboard mat or something for those who pre-ordered?

CyruzDraxs said:
One thing you could try is to talk to resellers in North America, like gp2xstore.com, and try to put together a drop shipping type deal. They take preorders on Credit Card to their own business, and then when preorders are fullfilled they pay you on bank transfer for the whole thing and provide you with shipping addresses. I'd think that many sites might even be interested in doing that at a 1:1 price if you tell them it could get a fair bit of traffic to their site that could potentially buy other stuff...like SD cards.
You may be on the right track, but I think signing cases is still much nicer :).

To add my support to Slaanesh and Kattle87's idea I would be happy to help with this kind of plan.

If there was to be 1 order made for my area, central Scotland, I would be willing to make the order, receive the whole lot and then personally deliver the resulting Pandoras to those involved.

I can't imagine that there would be so many that it would take more than a couple of days to get them all out once they have arrived.

This would, of course, be a lot more difficult in an Australian Territory!

CyruzDraxs said:

definitely possible, difficult but possible, i guess

but now its finding those sites

also why do you want a signed case, your not going to be licking it are ya, (honestly getting signatures from a huge celebrity is bad enough, but from a common joe com'on, unless its going to increase the price of resell which it wont, i dont want anyones signature on anything, lit alone my pandora, also it would have to be manually decided who wants it, it will be confusing and a waste of time, for what the two people who might want a signed one, so they can rub it all over themselves)

anyway advertisement is always a brilliant bargainer

also the send to a single guy, is a bad idea, pandora should protect its customers even if theyre willing to take the chance
you also probably get a small amount of people willing to do this, it helps but it probably will have minimal effect, and require an addtional action, which might as well be used for all

detox said:
For us doing a fund transfer this way there is personal risk but you got to have faith in the team. Keep supporting the team guys . Come on they deserve it! There are not many people in this world brave enough to do what they have done!

I have been lurking on the forums for some time now but i felt now was the time to speak up. Lets put our support behind the team! Yay pandora!
A big +1 for that.
I too have just done a transfer.

Faith is belief despite the absence of evidence.
doesn't seem appealing to me

MDave said:
For you US people that refuse to pay by bank transfer: Most of us Europeans have, and is pretty normal to. ...
Come on everyone! Do the bank transfer!
Dude, you are thinking what its like where you are at.

Where I come from, the US, its like this. I paid $400, got back $330, paying approximately $330 back + an extra $45 to pay for the international bank wire. So while we're both getting the Pandora for 200 pounds, I've paid more than you and I can't back out now. I lose $45 one way or $70 the other.

So your sensibility on bank transfers is useless unless you and everyone in the EU and UK will shell out an extra $20 per US purchaser, I don't see how its "so easy." To add to that, I have to drive 150 miles (240km) to get to my bank to make a wire transfer, as they won't do one over the phone.

But on a possible better note, Western Union orders might be a better way of going for Pandora. It is not as expensive as a bank wire, and more people have the ability to get it done.

Noisome

Back