Removing The Grey Screen Surround.

rygar

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Just going back a bit to my first post about the plastic/glass screen replacement proccess - what is the best method and the best tool to remove the grey screen surround without damaging either the surround, the casing or the origional screen.

I would say, open the case and (carefully) push against the screen from the inside, until it gets loose (I hope you get what I mean).

No need to open the case. Use a blunt knife, moving carefully around the outside edge to prise it up gently - it's held there with double sided tape. Patience is the key.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone else suggested this, But can not remember who.

Use a thin plastic card (like a cheap credit card) So as not to scratch the screen and insert it between the grey surround and the plastic screen. Using the card as a lever to lift the surround from the screen gradually making your way around the screen as you go.

If that makes any sense. :blink:

Trooper

Mine is kind of an odd way.... I used a utility knife and scored a tiny groove into the frame (between the frame and the gp32 case) along the bottom edge. Then I just pulled it up with my thumbnail in the groove. It isn't noticable at all either, and I can take it off whenever I need with minimal effort. Mainly because I did not want to damage the lightguide on my FLU.

Cheers! :p

Back