Removing Battery?

DusteD

Still Fresh
Website
dusted.dk
Hi, I'm doing a bit of hobby coding for the wiz, and I have it connected to the USB to transfer files for long periods of time (because I'm not going to change a line of code, then boot the device, see changes and turn it off)
I can imagine this burns my battery a bit, and I'd like to know if it's possible to remove the battery and run the device from usb power alone?

If you are powering it from USB, it shouldn't be using the battery, only charging it when necessary.

Squidge said:
If you are powering it from USB, it shouldn't be using the battery, only charging it when necessary.

Yes, but batteries loose a little power by themselves, so it will sit and loose a bit of power then be recharged again all the time, I'm worried if this might kill my battery, since it's a brand new wii and I've never seen those 5 hours of battery life, the most I've gotten out of it was 1½ hours playing various games underclocked.

Last edited by a moderator:
DusteD said:
Squidge said:

Yes, but batteries loose a little power by themselves, so it will sit and loose a bit of power then be recharged again all the time, I'm worried if this might kill my battery, since it's a brand new wii and I've never seen those 5 hours of battery life, the most I've gotten out of it was 1½ hours playing various games underclocked.
Only 1 1/2 hours? It sounds like you have a bum battery. I never timed it but mine lasts much more than that. Are you playing at maximum volume with the screen on full brightness or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back