Removing Apps From the Desktop?

Orion4874

Mega GP Mania
When I first started using my Pandora I carelessly installed the programs to the menu and the desktop. I have since stopped installing most things on the  desktop but there's a few still want to only access from the menu. I've tried a couple of things to delete these things permanently but they just come back when I reboot. How does one get rid of these unwanted apps?

Also, is there a way to associate apps to a different folder on the menu. I have a couple that appear in the wrong folders like Temper and Astrolog and it really starts to stir my OCD after a while! ;)

Right click on the clock and click Properties.

You should see a box with %R  in it.   (probably "show line 1:")  
just change %R to:

%I:%H %p

The format string is case sensitive.

For a full list of the various different format codes type this in the terminal:

date --help

- Neelix

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't just moving the apps from SD/pandora/desktop to SD/pandora/menu work? Unless I misunderstood something.

I don't know if this helps at all but here it goes. .. Sort of similar to mmKALL.

I have Pandora folder then subfolders;; appdata, apps, desktop,menu. In menu I have subfolder games. All of my apps I want on my desktop I place in apps folder. That seems to dominate the other folders as far as what goes on the desktop.

Maybe you might want to rearrange your card this way?

Sorry if this does not help at all.  :(  

The stuff that is "always on" on the desktop is actually set in the desktop settings. And by that, I mean stuff like the SD-cards, the "home folder", trash can, and whatever. Go into the settings and un-check the relevant items, and bang - They're gone :)

Thanks for the info guys. I changed the clock to the 12 hour format but now it's frozen for some reason. Even rebooting doesn't fix it so maybe it's a bug?

EDIT

Actually, it's only the minutes that are frozen, the hours work.

Could you paste back exactly  what you entered as the date format string? 

I'm currently using the exact string I suggested to you, and it works just fine for me...

- Neelix

I entered it exactly as you first posted,  I%:H% p%

It's actually weirder than I first thought. If I power off or just close the lid for a period of time the clock kind of catches up but it'll be slow. Resume normal use and the minutes freeze again.

It should be %I:%H %p not I%:H% p%

Failing that,  if you change the whole line to just  %r  that should add seconds to the display, which should give you a better idea if it's updating properly.

- Neelix

Sorry, I posted it wrong but I did have it entered correctly in the Panda. The %r works perfectly, it's just the %I:%H %p that freezes as soon as I enter it.

Also, I haven't applied the latest update yet so could that possibly correct this?

I honestly don't understand why it wouldn't work for you,  though if you don't mind the seconds display it's probably just easier to stick with %r.     I would be very surprised if running the upgrade had any impact on it whatsoever.

That being said I do recommend running the upgrade for the other improvements it offers.

- Neelix

Back