Remix OS - Android based OS

Silent-Hunter

Hardcore Member
It seems pretty neat, with the ability to have multiple apps running in windows.

TrashyMG

Sarcasm Dispenser
Staff member
Saw this several month ago, I made note to see how long it took to be mentioned here on the boards.

SNESFAN

Retro game fanatic
Seems to directly fill a need in the tablet PC user experience that could be better than vanilla android or iOS and honestly sucks with Windows 8/10 or Ubuntu.

Takes full advantage of a touch interface and screen real estate of a tablet. Very nice indeed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

___

Advanced Member
I dunno... is this multiple window thing really that novel? I remember trying some roms like two years ago that had this, and now it's in a lot of custom roms that have floating windows enabled by default. all versions I have tried so far have been pretty glitchy, so if anyone is getting their hopes up: pray that this is more stable.

@ekianjo: I don't think we don't need anymore desktop OS'. More is always good. then again, I am also tired of all these pseudo novel android roms, claiming they will somehow revolutionize tablets/phones/consoles... all the same stuff in different packaging.

PowerGod

Forum Addict!
I actually like this, it seems a good compromise for a device that must stand simple and touchscreen driven, but with that extra push that a PC OS has.

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
@ekianjo: I don't think we don't need anymore desktop OS'. More is always good. then again, I am also tired of all these pseudo novel android roms, claiming they will somehow revolutionize tablets/phones/consoles... all the same stuff in different packaging.

What I mean is that I would rather see Linux on phones/tablets rather than bringing more of the "poor man's OS" Android on the desktop world. And no, I don't consider that "Android" is Linux like many do - the whole user space experience is totally different, and Android is basically the baby of Google mothership. I'd rather have a free, community based OS than all the current alternatives out there.