Reminder: Fair Deal For Drivers

There used to be an LPG converted Mitsubishi Colt in town and people used to say you couldn't smoke in it. Just a stupid old wives tale I guess.

LPG actually sounds like a really good option. Could you convert a small petrol turbo car (such as a Toyota Glanza) and still have the turbo work? Does it affect insurance at all?

finty said:
Is it true you can't smoke in an LPG converted car? Is there a big hit on performance?
No. Any automobile's engine pulls air from the outside.

Last edited by a moderator:
finty said:
I knew that. It's just people used to say it was a safety thing incase there was a gas leak.
But LPG is Liquefied petroleum gas. Emphasis on the Liquefied part.

finty said:
There used to be an LPG converted Mitsubishi Colt in town and people used to say you couldn't smoke in it. Just a stupid old wives tale I guess.

LPG actually sounds like a really good option. Could you convert a small petrol turbo car (such as a Toyota Glanza) and still have the turbo work? Does it affect insurance at all?
Yes the turbo will still work, the engine and computer do not even know that the fuel isn't petrol, it's just using it in the same way it uses petrol.

Oh gawd, this is going round in circles. The point had already been clarified I was just explaining why I asked the question.

EDIT: LPG converted Glanza is on the cards for my next car then :D

Back