Remapping keys

MrPoletski

Still Fresh
Hi,

Not sure if this is the right forum... feel free to move topic to the right one mods.

Cutting to the chase. I want to play bloodwych on Hatari. To move around you use the arrow keys for forward/back and sidestep, but to turn left and right on the Atari version you used insert and home. The pandora has insert, if you hold down FN, and it's right in the top right.

Any way I can either redefine the keys on my pandora, or redefine the keys in Hatari. I know there is a way to do a something like this in Hatari, but I need a keymap file and none of the Hatari documentation (that I've found) gives any clue as to how a key mapping file should be formatted or else I'd have tried that already.

Any ideas folks?

Basically my ideal scenario would be remapping left and right ont he joypad to insert and home for turn left and right, who needs sidestep? not me, but I suppose I could use the shoulder buttons.

Thanks

This thread provides a good starting point. Be careful and backup your pndxmodmap.

Thanks for the link, but after much searching, I found how to make a remapping file in HATARI.

# lines starting with a # are a comment

# PC ascii character code, ST character code for example:

# maps keyboard code 114 to ST keyboard code 58.

# simple as that!

Now all I need is an ascii character table of the pandora keyboard and (more specifically) all the buttons on it! ;)

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Does UAE4all use a similar mapping technique to Hatari?

If so I would like to try and make a setup for use with indy adventure games as you need an numerical keypad for the fight scenes. I know that you can alrady use the number keys at the top but this is a little awkward.

Does UAE4all use a similar mapping technique to Hatari?

If so I would like to try and make a setup for use with indy adventure games as you need an numerical keypad for the fight scenes. I know that you can alrady use the number keys at the top but this is a little awkward.

dunno, I've not had a geat deal of success getting UAE4all working well. A lot of the game images I have seem to be broken, other games often run with funny colours or I can't get the controls workign right etc. PLus I just don't like the interface, Hatari's interface is much better.

Back