GP32 Remake Of A Couple Games.

OMars

Website
Visit site
Do you know what games I would like to see on a handheld(i'd prefer you wait for the Gpx2), Red Dead Revolver and Black & White. These games would rock :D but unfortunately I don't know how to code :( so If one of you guys that shares my ideas and can program :lol: makes these two I would be extremely happy.

P.S. Go ahead and suggest other great games, cuz I know you like ultima :D ..........

P.S.S make really good controls and preferably(and I've seen this on the 16Mhz GBA B) )make it 3D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

id like doom3 :)
but too busy with coding craps...

learn this... devers are selfish, and code only for themself in the first place
thanks them for releasing their craps

I`m currently porting Half-Life 2, only problem is, it`s running a bit to fast on highest details, and I don`t know how to make a frame limiter... B)

loki666 posted on Aug 24 2005 at 03:57 AM said:
learn this... devers are selfish, and code only for themself in the first place
Speak for yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, quiest your porting Half-life 2! For what console(I suggest you wait for the GPX2, by then you'll figure out that frame-limiter or you could ask someone.....)?

Hey iignotus do you have some time? Cuz if you are free you should make some demos of Red Dead Revolver and Black & White for the GP32 just to show the possibility of GOOD 3D on a handheld not meant for 3D.........

P.S. remember iignotus, 3D, 3D, 3D...................

OMars posted on Aug 24 2005 at 01:54 PM said:
Wow, quiest your porting Half-life 2! For what console(I suggest you wait for the GPX2, by then you'll figure out that frame-limiter or you could ask someone.....)?

Hey iignotus do you have some time? Cuz if you are free you should make some demos of Red Dead Revolver and Black & White for the GP32 just to show the possibility of GOOD 3D on a handheld not meant for 3D.........

P.S. remember iignotus, 3D, 3D, 3D...................

:blink:

okay, c'mon, you can't be serious. Sarcasm dousn't come across well on a message board so I can't tell if you are, but if indeed you are serious... well then godamn :huh:

What are you talking about triksR4rabits I'm being serious :angry: . Oh and iignotus I'm not forcing you I'm just suggesting it because nobody else will do it......... <_<

OMars posted on Aug 25 2005 at 01:19 AM said:
What are you talking about triksR4rabits I'm being serious :angry: . Oh and iignotus I'm not forcing you I'm just suggesting it because nobody else will do it......... <_<

ok we were all joking (no quiest isnt working on hl2, sorry) as we thought you were too...
what you are asking IS truly impossible on GP32, and pretty sure it will be impossible on gpx2 too.
if there is no real 3D game for gp32, that's simply because it cant handle it.

btw: what you are asking about Red Dead Revolver and Black & White, is just... well do you know how much time is required to build a comercial game?
I'd bet for 2-4 years with 15-20 devers, full time job. minimum

As I said devers are selfish (sorry ignotus), for one reason: except for the fame (which i really dont care), we dont get anything from what we are doing (we dont ask for anything). We code during our free time (like when your playing with your gp32, us are coding). Devers are busy with their own projects and cant spare time for other projects... that's a fact.
time is what we are missing.

now i whish good luck to ignotus (hopefully OMars isnt forcing you :)

Oh, loki666, you've raised my hopes and shot them right back down :( .....Oh, well I'll just have to do with homebrew that's out already <_< .

P.S. You could have just said "it's not possible"!!! :angry:

OMars posted on Aug 25 2005 at 06:03 PM said:
Oh, loki666, you've raised my hopes and shot them right back down :( .....Oh, well I'll just have to do with homebrew that's out already <_< .

P.S. You could have just said "it's not possible"!!! :angry:

sorry, life's a bitch

OMars posted on Aug 26 2005 at 04:41 PM said:

QUOTE, loki666:

sorry, life's a bitch

Yes but only bitches make it that way.........
hehe, okay was a bit hard on this one...
but at least you've learned somthing. actula gp32 power is more or less equals to an old 386 running @ 133Mhz.

i was really thinking you were joking... even if you didnt know of gp32 power, the size of SMC is another clue.
how could you fit a game like Black&With,HL2 or Doom3 in 128Mb?

now i didnt want to be an asshole, apologies

over

loki666 posted on Aug 26 2005 at 11:00 AM said:
hehe, okay was a bit hard on this one...
but at least you've learned somthing. actula gp32 power is more or less equals to an old 386 running @ 133Mhz.

i was really thinking you were joking... even if you didnt know of gp32 power, the size of SMC is another clue.
how could you fit a game like Black&With,HL2 or Doom3 in 128Mb?
GP32 is a little faster than that, especially considering it's ARM and not x86. Also, SMC cards should be available in sizes up to 1GB iirc.

Can't directly compare ARM and x86, since theres more than just a processor, and the processorsd work differently.

But heres my rule..

For every day someone _plays_ a game, a developer or team had to spend 6 months making it. Thats why devs can't just knock out a new game for you over the weekend ;)

jeff

I said "make a demo for the gp32" not the full game and I said "3D" not PS3-par graphics! :p

P.S. An SD card for the GPX2 can hold more than 2 gigabits. :D

OMars posted on Aug 27 2005 at 05:46 PM said:
I said "make a demo for the gp32" not the full game and I said "3D" not PS3-par graphics! :p

P.S. An SD card for the GPX2 can hold more than 2 gigabits. :D
Any true 3D is prettymuch impossible for the GP32. The best you could probably get is what one of those companies (the name escapes me lol) that developed for the GBA had around the end of its popularity cycle -- they had basically a quake/goldeneye/driver-type simulation that looked really good and ran about 15fps on hardware. I believe they got support from a real developer/producer and now is used in some GBA games.

Also, SD Cards are up to at least 16 Gigabits as of now.

Back