Release: mu-0.1

Eric Jardim

Still Fresh
Hi all,

Remember my last post about the Python and Qt developing kit? I have finally released it. It is called mu, like the greek letter. Check this site:

http://www.assembla.com/spaces/mu-dev/

It is supposed to work with any Qt bindings (PyQt or PySide) and on any operational system (Windows, GNU/Linux, Mac OS X, etc) Python and Qt are supported.

The good news is that it works with OpenPandora. I have ported some of my apps and they are now working as a charm. The speed is nice, but apps get a little slow when reading many data from the SD card (not my fault :p ).

It is very fun: You can code GUI apps on the go (or in the bathroom), since Qt Designer is present on the Pandora, although it's a bit slow (I will solve this with a flyweight designer for Pandora).

Although it's the first public release, I've been using it since 2006. I designed it for avoiding PyQt boilerplates. Now coding is more clear and no need to compile Ui files. Have a look!

Please, give it a try and send me some feedback.

Hi! It seems to very useful but I really doesn't time to try it (beside that I still doesn't manage to learn Python ;-) ). I'm watching here if somebody try it and report back :)

I'll try. I was looking forward to this, as I have a ready-to-release application for the OP.

Hope I have some spare time this weekend, and I can try and report here.

Thanks in advance Eric!

Back