Refunds - what's occurring?

ceepee

Still Fresh
This post is an attempt to understand what is the current situation with refunds. I requested one from openpandorasales on 06/12/10 and as I have had no response, I tried again yesterday.

Has anyone got any (recent) experience of the refund situation. I know in the past people seem to have got one without issue, but I am starting to get concerned and was hoping others experiences might be enlightening.

youve come to the right place, either the email ladies are too busy with emails that came before yours, or it was somehow missed, please stand by for evildragon to post in this thread, he will guide you through any issues. thank you

I think things are tight for the OP Team at the moment. In fact, there has been a request sent out asking that if you really wish to cancel your order and get a refund - that you wait until after January. I have no doubts OPT will do everything they can, but is it possible for you to wait a bit?

Or do you desperately need the money now?

Unfortunately, I cannot tell what's taking them long, but I know they had VAT inspection last week (which probably held them up a lot).

I am also waiting for some replies - and usually, I get a high priority and get answers faster, so yes, I really think they are quite stressed at the moment.

that kinds of announcement makes me worried... no problem there at least?

Naah, nothing serious, this just happens to a company each few years and if you don't have anything to hide, you're fine.

It's just pretty annoying and eats a lot of time :)

WOW, I forget the rest of the world runs thier day/month/year differant than in the states. I thought the refund request was from june, and I was like HOLY SHIT! 6 months and no refund? WTF!?

Then I came back to reality, and figured that was from only a few weeks ago, man that was a close one! :lol:

Anyone who is sending any kind of mail to Craigs shop can expect a reply in 24hr,several days, to not at all. I have had all three happen more than once over the last few years, but I always hear back, and get my problem solved. I just contacted Jackie last week about returning my unit for repair, and I got 3 differant replies within 24hrs. I sometimes contact her thru out the year, and within a week, I won't hear back from her at all. It just depends on when you try, and what's going on.

If you don't hear anything within 2-3 days, normally it's OK to try again, and I have never not heard from anyone twice in a row, so don't worry. As far as a refund goes, it's only been 10 days, so I wouldn't really begin to worry, just send another friendly reminder, and wait for a reply.

Chris

see how nice the community is when somebody kindly asks for a refund, and not bash about how this whole process is retarded or anything. a little kindness goes a long way

Hey jump man can I be nosey and as what jackie's said about returning a fault unit, I've emailed about my faulty but not heard anything as of yet. Cheers

So, still not heard anything back from my emails, but interestingly someone is claiming on pandorapress that they requested one after me and got theirs within a couple of days. Yet they haven't even acknowledged my mails...putting this together with Eds "alleged" request (I say alleged because I cant find proof of that specific request) for people not to ask for requests until January, I feel something is not right here.

I'm honestly not trying to troll here, but I am really starting to get worried.

Hey jump man can I be nosey and as what jackie's said about returning a fault unit, I've emailed about my faulty but not heard anything as of yet. Cheers
[…]
I can't remember where he told that, maybe in a "one day, one wideo".
wink.gif

But since the very beginning of this project, the answers to mails had fluctuating speed.

From "never" because the mail was somehow lost, to "immediately" because there was a drop in the mail stream.

I think the best way is either trying to phone or retry a mail (with another mail account), if you're feeling it's been too long and you're uneasy with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, still not heard anything back from my emails, but interestingly someone is claiming on pandorapress that they requested one after me and got theirs within a couple of days. Yet they haven't even acknowledged my mails...putting this together with Eds "alleged" request (I say alleged because I cant find proof of that specific request) for people not to ask for requests until January, I feel something is not right here.

Well, if that one asked AFTER you and got the payment already, it more sounds like your mails didn't arrive properly (I know they sometimes have problems with their spam filters).

Well, if that one asked AFTER you and got the payment already, it more sounds like your mails didn't arrive properly (I know they sometimes have problems with their spam filters).

Perhaps you guys should put a contact telephone number onto the website then? I've looked and the only contact info is an email address. As we both use gmail though, the spam filter seems an unlikely cause.

Perhaps someone could get craig to respond please?

I had a lot of trouble ordering my Pandora; eventually I figured out that if I sent email to "openpandorasales@gmail.com" it'd get eaten, but emails to "sales@openpandora.org" would get through. Have you tried the latter email address recently?

I had a lot of trouble ordering my Pandora; eventually I figured out that if I sent email to "openpandorasales@gmail.com" it'd get eaten, but emails to "sales@openpandora.org" would get through. Have you tried the latter email address recently?

Thanks for the tip, I tried that one this morning, so hopefully I will have more luck with that.

Back