Recording Audio?

the answer is, yes. linux 2.4.24 has working usb-audio 'class drivers', so if you've got a 1.1 usb-audio device around, just plug it in and use portaudio with a hint to udev .. not exactly JACK or ALSA, but certainly OSS ..

i've got MIDI going, incidentally, with usb-midi.o (class device) drivers .. MidiShare has been rocking the equinoxe.mid to a Virus all night, in fact, on the 'spare GP2X' .. ;)

torpor posted on Jul 7 2006 at 03:31 AM said:
the answer is, yes. linux 2.4.24 has working usb-audio 'class drivers', so if you've got a 1.1 usb-audio device around, just plug it in and use portaudio with a hint to udev .. not exactly JACK or ALSA, but certainly OSS ..

i've got MIDI going, incidentally, with usb-midi.o (class device) drivers .. MidiShare has been rocking the equinoxe.mid to a Virus all night, in fact, on the 'spare GP2X' .. ;)

Mmmm... ALSA. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
What about USB intruments? Someone could make a loop prog with samples in it and we could use a computer keyboard or usb midi controller to do live shows on the 2x!

yes .. no problems. I have MidiShareGP2X to release Real Soon Now which will give the GP2X scene a solid MIDI framework to use for exactly this purpose ..

Is it possible to compile/port/run ecasound for gp2x? (and possibly with a python gui?)

I've been desparately searching for a super portable way to do basic recording/mixing and was hoping the gp2x with a tiny usb mic may offer a solution. Just basic multitracking.

I read somewhere that a guy ported ecasound to "familiar" linux and it ran ok for basic stuff. this was on an older ipaq. I understand that it is in many ways different than the gp2x environment but figured there may be a chance.

I'm extremely new to gp2x and have some basic skills on linux so please forgive any absurdity in my question. :)

Back