Recompile Source To Arm

Grench

Forum Addict!
So, I did a little research and it looks like several people have had some success with recompiling PostgreSQL to ARM for embedded applications and data logging.

I know I'm ignorant when it comes to this, so please forgive me.

The source for PostgreSQL appears to be available. Would the actual act of compiling it need to take place on the Pandora (or a similar ARM processor) itself or is there a way to have it compile to a Pandora/ARM binary (on an X86-64) to then load to the device?

Where is a good place to learn about compiling to ARM from source code?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grench said:
So, I did a little research and it looks like several people have had some success with recompiling PostgreSQL to ARM for embedded applications and data logging.

I know I'm ignorant when it comes to this, so please forgive me.

The source for PostgreSQL appears to be available. Would the actual act of compiling it need to take place on the Pandora (or a similar ARM processor) itself or is there a way to have it compile to a Pandora/ARM binary (on an X86-64) to then load to the device?

Where is a good place to learn about compiling to ARM from source code?

Thank you.

http://pandorawiki.org/Setting_up_a_cross-compiler

It's a blank page for me, am I missing something? I did login to the wiki and it tells me it is a new page.

lingenfr said:
It's a blank page for me, am I missing something? I did login to the wiki and it tells me it is a new page.
It's probably the link bug. Cut and paste this into your browswer:

pandorawiki.org/Setting_up_a_cross-compiler

There is definitely a page there. There isn't a whole lot of info, but the link to the codesourcery site should get you started.

Grench posted on Apr 16 2009 at 10:02 PM said:
Just in case your interested I built PostgreSQL 8.1.8 (the current preferred build for ARM when using Open Embedded) and it works fine on the Pandora (I was using it to try logging some test data).

I'll try and remember to make sure it is pushed up to the final software repositories so you won't have to mess about, you just install it (assuming your happy with it being on the NAND) from the Angstrom repositories.

Back