Recommended class speed Pandora and SD cards?

Foxgod

Hey Guys,

With the first 1ghz units being send out this week, i will finally have my first Pandora soon.

So its time for me to look for a suitable SD card.

I have noticed that the Class 10 cards are a lot cheaper then the Class 16 cards.

However, If the Pandora only reads up to Class 10 speeds, then it would be a waste of money to buy a Class 16 card...

how fast can the Panda SD card reader go?

And does anyone have experience with Platinum SDXC cards, are they compatible with the Panda?

Class 6 afair.

Tnx for the response :)

Then il go for the Class 10 card, those cost only half as much as a 16 class, would be a much more economical decision.

Edited original post to be more specific + have been looking up further info and the class 6 statement comes from the ability of class 6 cards to max out the SD card bus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Class 6 afair.

Tnx for the response :)

Then il go for the Class 10 card, those cost only half as much as a 16 class, would be a much more economical decision.

Edited original post to be more specific + have been looking up further info and the class 6 statement comes from the ability of class 6 cards to max out the SD card bus.

Then Class 10 speeds should not even be reached, but thats cool, the 64GB card from platinum (confirmed to work OK on the Pandora) is cheap enough.

Tnx again.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Class 10 or Class 16 or Class 6 rating is supposed to be a minimum sustained write measurement.

Most cards read 1.5x to 2x their write speed (generalization here - there is variance to that.)

Class 10 cards will usually max out the read speed of the Pandora.

In theory a Class 16 would be able to max out the read AND write capabilities per slot.

That said, it's a heck of a premium to get that little write bump.

Back