Rechargeable 2400mah Not Cutting The Mustard...

Lupin

Website
www.ergwow.com
I went out and bought the Duracell 2400mAh rechargable batteries and their 15 minute recharger and they dont seem to be doing that well. I didnt time the last set, but I dont think they lasted more then 2 or 3 hours playing DrMD at 280Mhz. Is that right or are maybe the batteries defective?

duracell also makes some nice 2650 mah batteries, I dont know if they charge in an hour thought.

I recently bought the 2500 mah e^2 rechargeables. I have yet to try them, but keep in mind batteries that charge slower usually last longer.

well this 15 minute thing what it does is, push like tons of electricty through it at once charging it faster then other adapters. And as such the battery gets so hot they actually have a high powered fan on it too. (Thats about the dumbest explantation im sure, but I think I have the theory down correct)

Anyway, I was just wondering if that is the norm and it appears so. I saw a 4 pack of 2800mAh'ers rechargeable for $20. Probably pick those up

Lupin posted on Sep 29 2006 at 09:48 PM said:
well this 15 minute thing what it does is, push like tons of electricty through it at once charging it faster then other adapters. And as such the battery gets so hot they actually have a high powered fan on it too. (Thats about the dumbest explantation im sure, but I think I have the theory down correct)

Anyway, I was just wondering if that is the norm and it appears so. I saw a 4 pack of 2800mAh'ers rechargeable for $20. Probably pick those up
yep, I have some radioshack ic3 15 min batteries. They get hot, but also kick the bucket as far as decent power by the 30th charge or so. They're still good for low powered devices, but no longer suited for the 2x.

Last edited by a moderator:
meh ok I know that time it wasnt any more then 2 hours of play if that at 280 :( that seems to be a very low ammount of time :(

So wait your telling me Ive watched my money on these things??

Why are you playing at 280? The newer builds should run pretty much everything at 200, 60fps.

idk cause I can... let me play with stuff. See, I come from the PSP scene, and we always do stuff at the highest it can go so that probably is just a habbit i need to kick.

Lupin posted on Sep 29 2006 at 10:13 PM said:
idk cause I can...
That's just great, but DrMD and everything else except SNES and NeoGeo runs great without the need of OC. Especially DrMD, which runs most games fullspeed at well under 200Mhz.

I use 2500mAh Sanyo rechargeables, with a 1-2 hour charger, and they last me for two or three days of normal use.

- Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I have these games right now mind telling me wich should be OC'd and wich should be UC'd

GNUBoy (No OC but maybe UC?)
GEN (UC?)
Doom (?)
Marathon
Duke3d
NES (UC?)
MAME (OC right?)
Beats of Rage
Quake

TIA

I'm probably thinking you might underclock for genesis..other then that you don't have to go above 200 unless things are slow..its all up to you. If you are playing an rpg im sure you could underclock as it's not really that important that it ALWAYS maintains full speed. It's up to you. Personally I like things really steady but I surely can live with a little hop in my emu.

I've been having all sorts of battery issues too. Do you have a 1st Edition by any chance? If so, you may have that "voltage regulator" problem (or whatever it's called) like I suspect I do, and it is robbing you of some battery life.

That being said: I had an energizer 3 hour charger, and I wasn't getting more than 1 hour use out of my 2200-2500 mah batteries of various brands. I bought a Duracell 6 hour charger that came with some 2650mah batteries, still no improvement. I finally spent more and got a Sony 15min charger (which I believe is the same thing as what you have, just rebranded, but if not then they are still very similar) that came with 2500mah batteries. I get around 2-3 hours of use out of them with GnGeo running at 260mhz. If I run NES or MD games at 200mhz, I can last a lot longer. So you don't seem to be doing too bad.

The other thing I'll mention: these 15 min chargers don't seem to do as well with other batteries (as in, batteries of a different brand or different mah rating than the ones that were included). When I use my Duracell 2650s, my Energizer 2500s, or my Sony 2200s, I don't seem to get as much life as when I use the included 2500s. I think they have it figured out so it will completely charge the included batteries in 15 min. The instructions said that for different batteries, you need to leave it charging for an extra 10-20 min. Even when I do that, I still don't get as much time as when I use the included ones.

Mine is suppose to be a MK2, and I can say now that I dont run everything at 280, im good. I do my speeds at pretty much 200Mhz always some things like Duke Nukem and Quake at 222Mhz and SNES9X and GnGeo at 280 (i dont ever really play GnNeo though cept for MS)

I run duke fine at 200 MHz.... =D trick is to clock to a speed that is confortable for you, running DrMD at 280Mhz is pointless unless you want to sap ur batteries or there is a game that is a struggle for the emu. This is because DrMDand other emus have fps limiters, so even though the emu may be able to create more frames to render they won't! if they did, in some cases the games would run at stupidly fast speeds!

Back