Reader2X 0.87 For Caanoo

hardyx

Website
Visit site
Hello friends,

I present to you my !Reader2x port for the console Caanoo. If you don't know this application, is a book reader that supports many formats like: TXT, RTF, HTM, PDB y PDF, and some font sizes. Supports English and Spanish language.

Improvements in this 0.87 version:

- Fixed file open dialog with many entries.
- Caanoo analog and buttons support.
- Adjust key delay for wiz and caanoo.
- New option, memory status dialog.
- Supports the Caanoo additional memory.

Thanks to Jurk for betatesting and creating the icons.

2hxbors.jpg

Any comments about the application are welcomed.
Enjoy reading!

:)

SiENcE said:
Does PDF really work? On Dingux it crashes. There i use "nupdf" which is also quite nice to read PDFs.
PDF support is very basic: images are not supported, only text and not all PDFs subformats. I recommend using RTF format.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is source code available anywhere? I'm working with the Jlime project on making a usable userland for the Ben Nanonote and Reader2x would make an excellent addition. There nothing else out there anyways. :)

EDIT: I see here that the source code isn't available. The binary doesn't work under Jlime (which uses Xorg).

Oh well.

Reader2x uses SDL, you can try this in Jlime:

SDL on Framebuffer
If you want to run SDL games or applications on framebuffer set the next environments vars:
export SDL_VIDEODRIVER=fbcon export SDL_NOMOUSE=1
Taken from Jlime documentation.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but when I try to Open any document it just exits the menu and goes back to the main instruction screen. I'm not sure if this is incompatible with the 1.5.0 firmware, but I'm very much wanting to get this app to work, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your port, Hardyx!
Can I ask for your favor? Could you add Chinese language support for this program?

Back