Reachability Of The Triggers

JayFoxRox

Website
jannikvogel.de
Hey, first post:

I was wondering wether the triggers are even reachable while having both thumbs at the analog nubs. I tried to hold a DS in my hands and then putting my thumbs to where the analog nubs of the pandora would be.
Surprisingly it was extremly hard to still operate the trigger keys (R and L) - atleast without getting numb fingers after holding for a few seconds.
This could be a huge design flaw in my opinion, because ego shooters are based on these controls (atleast on similar gamepad devices)
Can anyone confirm my thoughts or maybe give explanations how to overcome the issue?
Was the quake video shot using a finished case (or was it a demo playing)? If so, how did it feel etc?

Thanks in advance

PS: Respect for keeping up such a complex project!

I'm not worried about it because the people designing the Pandora actually want to use it. To a large degree they are designing it for themselves and they're not going to make a mistake like that.

I agree, MagicPants.

Welcome RayFoxRox. There is a high tech way to test this problem. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
My own 1:1 Mock Up of the Pandora tells me, that you can reach the Shoulder Buttons without Problems, even when you use the Analog Nubs. OK, I have big Hands but you always can reach L and R because the final Triggers will be bend slightly around the corners of the backside so even tiny Hands can reach them.

TaG said:
I agree, MagicPants.

Welcome RayFoxRox. There is a high tech way to test this problem. ;)

Not a too good example because he used the entire Pandora thickness (27mm) for the base-case so you can't hold this Model like the real Pandora.

JayFoxRox said:
I was wondering wether the triggers are even reachable while having both thumbs at the analog nubs. I tried
Well, we've had cardboard and plastic versions of the Pandora, to ensure everything is usable.

fusion_power said:
OK, I have big Hands but you always can reach L and R because the final Triggers will be bend slightly around the corners of the backside so even tiny Hands can reach them.
I would love it if that were true, but I don't remember anyone saying anything of the sort. Could you please back that up with a quote or something?

-God Ginrai

Back