Re-purpose or sell Pandora not used much?

second exodous

Advanced Member
It saddens me that my beloved Pandora is not being used much anymore with all my new gadgetry I've acquired since buying my Pandora. I feel like I should keep it just because I went through so much getting it and it is a cool thing to show my grandkids years from now. I was thinking of installing a newer OS on it and using it for a low power server just for a torrent client and a client I can access anywhere in the world to get files and such, I don't trust the clouds yet. Also, the Pandora OS has not been updated for so long that any other OS would probably be better for re-purposing anyway.

I checked e-bay and didn't see any current Pandora sells, how much do you think it would go for now? I've been eying a Panda board for a while now, waiting for an update to the board, do you think it would cover the cost of one of those?

Also, is there ever going to be a second Pandora? I'd sell now if there is going to be.

The Pandora's OS was last updated on October 11th, with Hotfix 6, if that's of any help to you. :p

I gather that, at the moment, it can be a bit tricky to get other OSes going.

Anyway, regarding prices, you may want to take a look around the Trading section to get a handle on their current state. Whilst it's no guarantee of anything, one sold for $550 USD recently, for example.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, didn't know there was a hotfix out for it. I might install it and play with it for a while.

I have not posted here for months and didn't even know about boards being made in Germany, that is exciting. I also didn't know all the orders were not filled yet.

I'm probably not going to sell it, I have never sold any game system, I still have all mine so selling my Pandora would be a first. I still play my GBA now and then so I'm sure even though I have not played my Pandora for a while I'll pick it up someday.

I don't get what you're saying Linux-SWAT, you're saying don't sell to a dev or you're upset because I'm not?

I said the recent ebay'ed OP may not has been sold to a dev, and that's sad.

I said the recent ebay'ed OP may not has been sold to a dev, and that's sad.
Oh, ok.

Yeah, I don't think I could ever sell my Pandora even if I did get $550 for it. It is the best handheld I've ever owned for gaming but the computer functions have let me down a little. I think I'm just out of PS1 games that I want to play as that was 99% of what I was doing on mine but I'm sure I'll want to play some of those games over eventually.

It saddens me that my beloved Pandora is not being used much anymore with all my new gadgetry I've acquired since buying my Pandora. I feel like I should keep it just because I went through so much getting it...

If it makes you feel any better, I've been feeling the same way over the last few months. I got mine mainly for development, but honestly, I've been having more fun with iOS development lately. I could really use the money from selling it, but I feel like I'd be betraying it and/or the community after waiting so long for it and releasing a game for it. :-\

wermy ... come back from the darkside!!! :p

anyway please update your pandora version of SGD you can now sell your games on the repo so with the additional updates, you could convert the free app to a commercial one!

you could just leave the old version up for free and charge for the updated version.

I can only second that. Please update SGD :) It's certainly worth to pay a few $$$ for it.

I'd pay for SGD too, tried it at Replay and loved it.

Unfortunately I don't have a Pandora yet but if it came out on Android and supported iControlPad I'd buy it.

K. Got it already.

Yup, an update would be cool. But you know. This guy. He wants to sell his OP. Pffffff.

:p

I think charging for software is the only way forward to get more developers on the Pandora.

However until there are enough Pandora's out there to make it worth their while I think we are at a stalemate.

K. Got it already.

Yup, an update would be cool. But you know. This guy. He wants to sell his OP. Pffffff.

:p

Hah, I never said I was going to sell it, just that I thought about it sometimes due to its just sitting there. :p

I think charging for software is the only way forward to get more developers on the Pandora.

However until there are enough Pandora's out there to make it worth their while I think we are at a stalemate.

I agree, but for me (and I suspect others as well), Pandora development isn't/wasn't about making any money, but just for fun. :)

Back