Re-establishing Usb Connection

After pressing 'x' to disconnect the USB connection with the PC, is there any way to reconnect without having to physically unplug and plug back in the USB cable?

Thanks in advance.

Sure, check my previous posts. There's some commands you can enter into a shell if you have a serial connection to the Wiz, or a script you can run otherwise.

(If you want the full function - eg, screen showing usb is connected, press x, etc, then there's an executable on the nand you'll have to run. I think it's in /usr/gp2x with a quite self-explanatory name)

Or than that. I don't think so.

Or than that. I don't think so.
Sorry I missed your previous posts, I did a forum search on "usb" and got no matches (which I thought was a little weird).

I'm not sure what you mean about /usr/gp2x on the nand, I have no such directory. I'll see if I can find your previous posts for more info.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you dont have /usr/gp2x, then your Wiz is broken :)

(This is on the system nand, not user nand)

Looking at a later firmware version, it seems there is no script anymore in /usr/gp2x, just the menu itself.

No worries though, it still does basically the same thing:

insmod lf1000_udc.ko

followed by either:

insmod g_file_storage.ko file=/dev/mtdblock2 removable=1 stall=0

or

insmod g_file_storage.ko file=/dev/mmcblk0p1 removable=1 stall=0

depending on what your trying to place on the usb port. Of course, you should umount the appropriate device first, or corruption is possible. When your finished, remove the modules from memory and remount in the appropriate place.

Back