Raspberry Pi 3

I have an X-Arcade stick:

tankstick-2kep.jpg

Thinking of modding it to have a RP3 inside so it's a complete emulation solution.

I have the same stick! It's a really nice stick. I have to plugit on my Pandora one day, and play some SF2 or other random arcade with it. That would make a nice picture!

14 Years ago I had this custom made for me as I wanted an odd right handed stick/trackball. I think the X-arcade was just barely released when I had this made.
I'm also thinking about giving it the RPi treatment.

2013-06-24_20-01-42_39.jpg

2013-06-24_20-01-58_452.jpg

I would like to add a spinner to the X-Arcade when modding but I suspect I would have to rewire the innards to use an I-PAC controller board.

Would be worth it though to be able to play Tempest and Arkanoid as they were meant to be played.

Does anyone have any experience of using an I-PAC with a RP?
[doublepost=1456870341,1456850580][/doublepost]Wonder how long it will be before the RP3 are back in stock.

The usability of the Pi as a general computer is hampered a lot by the lack of 2D acceleration. Thus, performance in a browser or even a text editor is abysmal. I can't believe they still haven't done anything to fix that...

RS Components have none for personal use but 6000+ for business users.

The order form requires a business name, not been brave enough to fake it.

I was almost contemplating making a PiGRRL (game boy clone) rather than a cab. Seems it's pretty clear NOT to do that. I can just wire in a case fan and some fins on the pi3 in the cab, shouldn't be an issue.

RS Components have none for personal use but 6000+ for business users.

The order form requires a business name, not been brave enough to fake it.

I have my own business - I might order one :)

D.

The usability of the Pi as a general computer is hampered a lot by the lack of 2D acceleration. Thus, performance in a browser or even a text editor is abysmal. I can't believe they still haven't done anything to fix that...
What? I haven't seen any problems with Iceweasel nor Libreoffice Writer.

Back