Raspberry Pi 3

lol TrashyMG you need to learn to be patient :)
[doublepost=1456749922,1456749879][/doublepost]This being said this is some serious hardware already to replace a netbook for example.

Still no USB 3.
I would want one as NAS/OwnCloud Server.
Mainly for backup. USB 3 would make it perfect.

I used my original B+ as a desktop for a while, and it was pretty good once I stripped the crap out of Raspbian. I think when my actual desktop dies I will be using a R PI 2 or 3 as a full time desktop

^
Won't you get a Pyra (no irony/sarcasm)?
For me it seems superior to the Pi because of the 2 SD card slots and the portability.

If it works well it might replace even my high end Gaming laptop for every day use.
Can't imagine using a Pi for that.

^
Won't you get a Pyra (no irony/sarcasm)?
For me it seems superior to the Pi because of the 2 SD card slots and the portability.

If it works well it might replace even my high end Gaming laptop for every day use.
Can't imagine using a Pi for that.

Oh yeah, I already have 2 Pandora's, I will be getting a Pyra, but I will also get a PI....If /when my desktop dies.

Much different usages. Desktop (PI) is for when I want a big screen, full keyboard (for papers) etc. Pyra would replace my Pandora which I use for games, lounging around, light torrenting, TV out, etc.

Although, now that I think about it, I could simply connect the Pyra to a keyboard mouse and monitor and use it as a desktop.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I already have 2 Pandora's, I will be getting a Pyra, but I will also get a PI....If /when my desktop dies.

Much different usages. Desktop (PI) is for when I want a big screen, full keyboard (for papers) etc. Pyra would replace my Pandora which I use for games, lounging around, light torrenting, TV out, etc.

Pyra can also use big screen. You can have both, big and small screen.
For me it would be a drawback if I had 2 devices. I one device for everything.

I have a pair of RPi 1's and one RPi 2 now. One of my RPi1s I use for projects, like playing with ADCs and other hobby electronics projects. The other, I just replaced with the Pi 2 and that is a dedicated media player for my home theatre setup and with Kodi/OSMC it does a real good job at it. I have the Pi 2 mounted directly on my DLP projector's ceiling mount, out of the way and out of sight.

Pyra can also use big screen. You can have both, big and small screen.
For me it would be a drawback if I had 2 devices. I one device for everything.

Yeah I realize that, just something about having to constantly connect/disconnect. I can see it both ways. I simply use an SD card reader on my current desktop to transfer stuff to my Pandora

Nice upgrade they made.

For the video enthusiasts sadly the gpu will not manage h265 and fir the NAS crowd still no GbEth, but otherwise a fine upgrade for still the same low price. Good news.

I have three pi2`s. One has a screen built into the case. It has a reg camera attached and I do day time time lapse with it. The other has no screen but has a night vision camera ( with IR lamps ) to do night time lapse.
The third.. well that runs Kodi on the upstairs tv :)

I might get a Pi3 :) just need a reason to use it.

@Stainy Hey, me too!
I might get a PiE :) just need a reason to use it. ...

uh... kodi on the downstairs TV?

This being said this is some serious hardware already to replace a netbook for example.

Yep, just need somebody to create a keyboard/screen/battery shell for it that doesn't cost more than a netbook would. I haven't seen anyone doing that yet, though I haven't been looking hard to be fair.

ordered, 2h ago, rpi3 at home and pyra on the go! :)

good that it has the same dimensions as the rpi2, so ed doesn't have to redesign the retropi-case.
this will save some work, and hopefully means (more?) sleep for ed! ;)

Last edited:
Also ordered one earlier today from element 14, didn't do rp2 but 64bit and wifi/bt is too tasty to pass up. Gonna make a arcade cab from a DIY kit.

Yep, just need somebody to create a keyboard/screen/battery shell for it that doesn't cost more than a netbook would. I haven't seen anyone doing that yet, though I haven't been looking hard to be fair.

There's pi-top but it looks clunky and cheapos...
The problem with the raspberry pi is that its form factor is awful for this kind of purpose - it does not fit in anything "flat" because of the way its USB ports are stacked up.

Back