Raine

fade

Website
Visit site
I've been following Rlyeh's poll about which emu to work on next and i read DaveC's comments about speed problems with mame. Now, feel free to shoot me down in flames here if theres certain facts i don't know enough about. But back when I had a P166 mmx and mame ran far too slow, I used Raine for playing arcade games instead because all the game drivers were optimised, and it ran games great at full speed and with sound. The minimum requirements for it to run are a 486 SX-25.

So, i'm basically asking if a port of the Raine emulator to the GP32 would be possible? The source code is also freely available.

FluBBa posted on Oct 14 2004 at 11:29 AM said:
Isn't it this fast because some of it is coded in x86 assembly?

Yeah i think you're right

Last edited by a moderator:
fade posted on Oct 14 2004 at 12:30 PM said:
FluBBa posted on Oct 14 2004 at 11:29 AM said:
Isn't it this fast because some of it is coded in x86 assembly?

Yeah i think you're right

I guess you'd better get out your ARM assembly guide then and start porting it line by line.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to say it, but I made a post on the raine message board eons ago, you can check out the reply, but essentially the core is indeed no good. It was said the there would have to be changed to that of UEA the amiga emulator which is in C(which is also a little nippy by the way)

Well, like i said, feel free to shoot me down in flames here if theres certain facts i don't know enough about. And evidently there were, i'm not a coder and do not know enough about ASM, be it ARM or otherwise. Although i certainly wish i did. Just a thought. :D

Back