Quick Question About Speed

intheyellowsubmarine

Still Fresh
hi! I have just a quick question about GP32 blu, which I am interested in buying.
Just how fast does it go with roms like super mario rpg legend of the seven stars from SNES, as I have super mario rpg on my psp snes9x emulator and it lags quite a bit, and was just wondering how fast or slow for that matter a game that occuppied 4 megs like that would go on this legendary emu system. thank ya! :D

intheyellowsubmarine posted on Aug 22 2005 at 12:48 AM said:
hi! I have just a quick question about GP32 blu, which I am interested in buying.
Just how fast does it go with roms like super mario rpg legend of the seven stars from SNES, as I have super mario rpg on my psp snes9x emulator and it lags quite a bit, and was just wondering how fast or slow for that matter a game that occuppied 4 megs like that would go on this legendary emu system. thank ya! :D
That game doesn't work in openSNES9x 0.3. I think it works in 0.2, be don't expect it to run better on the GP32 than on your PSP. In fact, it won't run nearly as fast and without transparencies. SNES is far from perfect on the GP32.

If you're looking for SNES emulation, I would suggest waiting till October and buying a GPx2.

Last edited by a moderator:
He has a PSP? If so, go get SNES9xTYL ( http://yoyofr.fr.st/ ) - that is currently THE best and fastest SNES emulator for any handheld game system. And also check out the NeoGeoCD emu on the same site - it's AMAZING. Full speed, full sound and even CD music playback via MP3's. Other good PSP emus include NesterJ, HuE and Rin. Those are the cream of the crop on PSP IMO.

I wouldn't recommend getting a GP32 at this time. The GPX2 is coming out very soon now, and it will cost LESS than a BLU. It will be at least a little faster (depending on certain factors it may be even twice as fast or more, maybe), has much more memory (64MB RAM + 64MB NAND Flash), extra buttons (just like an SNES), uses SD cards (much better than SMC) and has improved media capabilities. So keep an eye on that.

Also, if you decide you DO want a GP32, after GPX2 comes out you'll probably be able to get used GP32's cheaper and people may start selling them to finance the upgrade to GPX2. There will be some time before GPX2 has many apps since it's new and not backwards compatible with GP32, so a GP32 still has some value. I plan to keep my BLU mainly for collecting purposes, but I doubt I'll use it much after GPX2 starts getting some good emus and homebrew.

thanks guys! thank you especially prophet for that emulator, i'd been playing with another recent one but it wasn't even remotely as fast. I switched the speed to 333 ghz and now all my snes roms run just like they were on snes! thanks!! and as for gp32, i think i'll hold off, maybe considering the new gamepark console, based on how ridiculously awesome it sounds :D !
thanks again guys :) !!

Psp Is undoubtably the eMu MaChIne. There WorKing ON a GbA Emulator. There trying to find a way to acess the PsP Graphics chip. IMO Once the Gba Emu is up to Full speed the Psp Will be the creme of the crop.

psp is definality not good suited for emus, the screen, the controls, it just dosnt fit, ok its pretty powerfull, but thats it.
And whenyou buy one now you dont have good chances to get a 1.5 one, i dont see how a machine can be a choice for homebrew when the company try to prevent it on all cost.

Vimacs posted on Aug 22 2005 at 11:11 PM said:
psp is definality not good suited for emus, the screen, the controls, it just dosnt fit, ok its pretty powerfull, but thats it.
So what? HE SAID 333GHZ WTFOMFGOMFGWTFANDTHAT!!

shinneri posted on Aug 22 2005 at 05:29 AM said:
That game doesn't work in openSNES9x 0.3. I think it works in 0.2, be don't expect it to run better on the GP32 than on your PSP. In fact, it won't run nearly as fast and without transparencies. SNES is far from perfect on the GP32.

If you're looking for SNES emulation, I would suggest waiting till October and buying a GPx2.

Unless you have specific documentation from GamePark Holdings which states that they are going to be packaging a full speed SNES emu with the GPx2, then this is bad advice. It will take several months before homebrew emus start to appear for the GPx2.

Back