Quick guide to set me up

killalotbee

Still Fresh
I would love to have a quick and easy guide to set my SD card ready for my pandora that is comming very soon i hope.

How can i easy set up the SD card with all the available emulators for pandora? Where can i find these emulators?

I'm used to work with a GP2X wiz. But wanne make sure i get everything right.

Maybe some peeps can also explain how to add the games in the right directory's? Some games i should really get. Some apps or whatever.

Every good information is more then welcome. I'm looking for good links!

Thx in advance for every help here

Just in case anyone can't watch the video, here's the short short guide to setting up your card:

PandoraSD.png

Full quickstart guide here: http://www.pandorawiki.org/Quickstart (ignore the section on installing the latest hotfix for now; we are in a phase of beta testing full firmware releases, so there are no hotfixes to apply. AFAIK your new Pandora will come with Super Zaxxon b2 or b3 firmware).

I think we changed it so you can drop pnd's right in the root directory too, if you dont' want to mess about with making /pandora/menu, that sort of thing.

jeff

O rly? I must test this.

[edit] Works nicely. PNDs in the root of the card show up in the XCFE menu. But they will not show up if there is not a /pandora folder on the card. Seems like the next logical step would be auto-creation of that folder if it doesn't exist.

Last edited by a moderator:
How far will a 4gb and a 8gb sd card take me? I just put games on it...

Maybe u guys can tell me how big ur cards are and stuff like that. How many games are on and from wich consoles.

Full quickstart guide here: http://www.pandorawiki.org/Quickstart (ignore the section on installing the latest hotfix for now; we are in a phase of beta testing full firmware releases, so there are no hotfixes to apply. AFAIK your new Pandora will come with Super Zaxxon b2 or b3 firmware).

Good stuff. In the download a game section is mentions PandaPacks. The torrent file it points too is mission and the magnet link doesn't give me any seed. Does anyone know if this is still active?

Maybe u guys can tell me how big ur cards are and stuff like that. How many games are on and from wich consoles.

I have a 32gb that pretty much stays in my Pandora permanently... It contains pnds, and rom / game files for all my emulators but only a few of my psx roms... It also contains all the ebooks I own, as well as images of my art, documents, and a downloads folder that contains a random collection of files. I have roughly 4gb free.

I have another 8gb card filed with psx roms, another 8gb dedicated to mp3s and audio books. Then I have a 1gb microSD dedicated for use when i want to flash my OS. Another 1gb SD dedicated for swap, 2 x 16gb USB flash drives that I store movies and series that i'm currently watching, and a 1 terabyte ext. HDD that i store my entire collection of everything on as well as backups of my SD Cards. I also have a 4gb and 2gb microSD cards i'm not using for anything at the moment. ... Oh, and a 4gb USB flash drive I use for transferring data.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Just games, 8GB should do you just fine. However, I think you would be missing out on some of the best aspects of the Pandora.

Do you have a music/MP3 collection? The Pandora's audio system, through headphones, is second to none (that I've found anyway). Get a quality set of headphones and enjoy it. Depending on your collection size, that could be 2-16 GB by itself easily.

I am -not- a good example in 'how much space do you really need'. The following is admittedly overkill. Fun, but overkill.

I have a 32GB card in the left slot. I boot from it. 5GB is given to the OS (ext3), 2GB is given to /swap, the remainder is where my .PND programs reside (ext2).

I have a 128GB card in the right slot (ext2). It contains media files (MP3, videos, pictures).

At least that is how I'm set up this week. I've been re-arranging stuff a lot lately.

Back